Chapter 11: The Veil Goes Down

"Jeremy?" I whisper as I see a shape come into view.

"Izzy!" He yells, embracing me.

"How are you here?" I ask, hugging the life out of him.

"There is something Elena didn't tell you. I can come back!" He says smiling.

"How?"

"Silas. He needs Bonnie to perform a spell, but he needs your blood for it. Then I can come back."

"But what about Kol and the others?"

"Only me. I'll come back Izzy, we can be happy..."

I gasp awake with his words ringing in my head. "We can be happy."

I notice I can't breathe and start to choke on something. I look and see a tube going down my throat. I struggle to pull it out, but someone grabs it, and gently take it out. I look around and see Scott, Derek and Lydia.

"I need to go see Bonnie." I say, jumping out of bed. I am surprisingly not in any pain.

"No you don't." Derek says, putting me back on the bed.

"Yes, I am." I say, getting up again, only to see Scott seriously pissed off.

"What is up with you? You are so secretive! You almost die, and don't even tell us? What the hell?" Scott says, growing angrier by the second. "And the the hell is up with Kol?!" I freeze as I hear his name.

I look around and see everyone looking at me, Derek and Scott pissed, while Lydia looks relieved. I sigh and say. "I promise to tell you everything, just let me go see Bonnie."

"Now!" Derek says.

"Ask your questions," I say, giving up.

"Why didn't you tell us you were hurt?" Scott asks, softening.

"I didn't know." I don't totally lie, but Scott still catches it. He glares and I sigh, "I ignored a sudden tingle at Chris' and left to find a bullet wound."

"What the hell is up with Kol?" Derek asks, fuming. I stay silent, but he glares at me.

"How come you were taken off the dead pool?" I ask. Derek looks back, a little surprised.

"I'm not a werewolf anymore." He says quietly.

"WHAT?" I scream.

"Kate did something to me and-"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I scorn.

"Because I can't fix it!"

"I could have helped! I could have gotten Bonnie, or-"

"No, I'm fine being human." I slowly take in his words. Is that why I haven't been healing as fast?

"Now, about Kol?" Scott asks.

I steady my heart beat before saying, "I don't know." Scott seemed to believe it, but Derek looked at me, with questioning eyes. "Can I talk to Lydia? Alone?" Both boys leave the room, as Lydia jumps onto the bed and hugs me.

"I was so worried!" She says. "I can not lose another friend."

"You won't, I promise." I say, hugging back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott and Derek take shifts watching over me. I wait until Derek is awake and Scott is asleep. I then open the window, and sneak out leaving a note. It says: