Chapter 6: Liam the New Beta

I wake up in Scott's room. I groan and sit up. I instantly regret it. My head feels horrible, and my body aches.

"You don't want to do that sweetheart." Melissa says, walking in. Scott follows her. "You have a pretty bad head injury."

"What happened? Is everyone ok? What about---"

"Everyone is fine. You need to rest now." Scott says. I groan in frustration, as Melissa leaves. "Seriously Izzy, you need to heal."

"Well, I don't want to." I mumble.

"What? Why?"

"Cause I deserve it, Scott."

"No you don't. You weren't yourself, and--"

"Please don't try and justify my actions Scott. I killed people, in cold blood." I say, sitting up. He backs up and I sigh. "Where is Derek?"

"Oh, no. I'm not telling you anything until you heal."

"At the loft, great."

"How did you-?"

"He is always there when he isn't in some church in Mexico." I say, smiling. Scott sighs and leaves the room. I close my eyes and force myself to heal enough for me to stand. I get off of the bed, and walk to the window. I open it as quietly as possible, and slip out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk over to the loft, and open the door to find Derek and Peter talking.

"Hello Isabella. Fancy seeing you here. I thought Scott was going to make you stay in his house to heal." Peter says, turning.

"Well, I don't listen to Scott." I say, glaring at him. "Can I talk to Derek? Alone?"

"Be my guest. Don't let him make decisions though. I mean it's not like he just spent all of our money!" Peter stomps out of the room.

I walk over to Derek an yell, "ALONE PETER!"

I hear someone mumble a "Screw you." from outside.

Derek looks at me and says, "Hello Izzy."

I walk up to him and punch his gut. "Don't scare me like that!" I punch him again and again as I say, "I thought something horrible happened! I thought you could have died! Don't scare me!" I keep hitting his chest. "I have lost to many people, I am not adding you to the list!" I keep hitting him, but he grabs my hand and hugs me as I start to cry.

"You won't lose me, don't worry." He says, as I cry into him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I head to the office at school to talk to the principal.

"Hi, I'm here to talk to Principal Thomas?" The secretary points me towards the office.

"Ah, Isabella Gilbert. Nice of you to come back." Principal Thomas says.

"I have a good reason for it."

"Do tell." I sit down as he says this.

"I don't know if you have heard, but my brother died in a house fire two months ago. I was in the house and was hospitalized for the past few months I wasn't in school." I say, looking down.

"I am so sorry. Are you ready to start classes?"

"Yeah, I just needed time to heal." I say. He says that I can start today, if I want, and the teachers will be told to take it easy on me.