/ Chapter 4 /

My Twin's Teammate

Chapter 4

I was too shocked to speak. Ryan is moving in with us? Why?

"Why is Ryan moving in with us?"

"I told you he was living with his aunt right?" Parker asked me.

"Yeah?"

"Well his aunt just passed away. He doesn't want to move all the way to Australia to live with his parents. So I talked to his parents and they decided it was ok for him to stay with us."

I felt really bad for Ryan. I gave him a hug and said I was sorry and all, but that doesn't mean I want him moving in with us!

"So I'm assuming he's staying in the guest room?"

"I am. I still have to go get all my stuff from the aunts house though. It's only like a 5 minute walk. I'll be back." Ryan informed me with a sad smile on his face.

He got up and left but Parker stopped him. "We're are coming also. You can't carry all that stuff by yourself." We are?

I agreed anyways, but just because I felt bad. "Yeah. You're going to need all the help you can get."

~*~

It didn't take us that long to get all of Ryan's stuff. He only had a few boxes so we only needed to make one or two trips. I would say it took about an hour and 15 minutes.

Ryan's room is next to Parker's, Parker's room is across from mine. My parents room was next to mine. I'm just happy that Ryan's room is the farthest room away from mine.

Anyways, Nick is coming over today. I think I'm going to tell him what I'm feeling about him.

"Hey babe. You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah I did. Come sit down." He came and sat down next to me on my bed.

"What's up?"

"Just hear me out. I've been feeling this since I saw you in the hospital. I don't think we were meant to be. It's not you, it's me. I promise I don't like anyone else. I'm sorry. I'm breaking up with you."

"Why?" He didn't sound to hurt. He sounded confused..

"It's like I told you. I don't think we weren't meant to be. We can still be friends and all but just not together. I feel like I need a break from a boyfriend for a while."

"Ok." He got up and left. He didn't sound sad. He didn't even look hurt. He didn't look sad. What's up with him? Has he been cheating on me?

I have to ask. Before he left my house I yelled, "Wait!"

"Yeah?"

"Why aren't you sad? Have you been cheating on me?"

"Actually yes I have. I was just using you to get on the team with your brother. But I stumbled upon football. I was going to break up with you soon anyways."

Woah. That hurt.

"So that was the girl you were kissing in the hall?"

"Yes it was. Do you want to see a better picture of her? You should take some lessons from her. Maybe go get your hair done or something. She's so prettier than you anyways."

He showed me the picture.

I hate to admit it

I hate to admit it... but she was prettier than me.

"Brittany Williams. The hottest girl in school."

I pushed him out of my house and slammed the door closed in his face.

I ran up to my room, slammed the door closed, and that's when the waterworks started.

I broke up with him, not the other way around. Why was I crying?

Because of what he said to you. A voice in my head told me. But the voice was right. I was crying over something he told me.

"Hal, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I heard Parker say behind my door.

"I'm fine. Just go away." I managed to say in between sobs.

"I know your not fine. Just let me in." I got up from my bed and unlocked the door.

After he walked in I sat on my bed again, with my knees up to my chest and my head in between my knees. Still crying.

I felt Parker's arms wrap around me and I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my head in the crook of his neck.

"Haley, what happened? Are you hurt?" I nodded my head yes and he moved so I was looking into his eyes, his hands on my shoulders. He had a concerned look on his face. "Who hurt you? Where does it hurt?"

I pointed to my heart and started to cry again. "What did Nick do? Did he break up with you?"

I shook my head no, controlled my tears, and said, "I called him over to talk with him. I broke up with him and he didn't look upset or mad or sad or any emotion besides confused. He said ok and left. Before he walked out the front door I stopped him and asked why he wasn't upset or anything and if he was cheating on me. He said yes and that he was only dating me to get on the baseball team with you. Then he stumbled upon football and became the quarterback so he was just going to break up with me soon anyways. Remember I told you how I saw him kissing another girl in the hall?" He nodded. "That's who he was cheating on me with. He said that she is so much prettier and I should take lessons from her. So I kicked him out of our house and now I'm here with you."

"That's awful Hal." He wrapped his arms around me again. "By the way, I am totally beating him up at school tomorrow."

*************************************

At the top/side is Cara Delevingne who portrays Lyla Johnson! The girl the picture Nick showed Haley is Dove Cameron who portrays Brittany Williams!

Don't be a shy reader, tell me what you think!

VOTE•COMMENT•SHARE

Teaser: Can you say awkward?! A thunder storm! Something always happens at a thunder storm.