/ Chapter 17 /

I'm so sorry I didn't update last week! School has been crazy busy! I swear this is the most busiest I've been all year. Last week, I had a core on Thursday, I had a project due and a core on Friday, and on Monday I had another project due! I had zero time to write and I am sorry about that! Today was my last day of school though! This chapter is REALLY short, but for a good reason! I wanted to leave this chapter on a major cliffhanger. And the only way I could do it is by making it short. Well, here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

My Twin's Teammate

Chapter 17

"Today a hurricane is coming in! So be sure to stay home and stay safe!" The news caster said on the kitchen TV as I was cooking breakfast for the boys.

"Boys! Breakfast!" I called out. The boys came running down the stairs. They each sat at a stool by the kitchen counter and started eating chocolate chip pancakes. "Get comfy because nobody is leaving this house. A hurricane is coming in."

They both looked up at the same time. "No can do sis. I have a date with Brittany." Parker told me.

"Yeah. And I have... Um... Uh... Stuff to do... Yeah... Stuff." Ryan said. Liar.

"You both are staying here. I don't care what you have planned. I don't want either of you to get hurt." I said sternly.

"But-"

"No buts!" I cut Ryan off. "I have plans also, so don't think I want to stay locked up in the house. I'm just being safe."

I was supposed to meet up with Lyla to do some research on what to do with my hair for prom. Looks like that will have to wait.

~*~

I first noticed signs that the hurricane started when I was reading The Bad Boy and the Tomboy in my room. I looked over at my desk and saw that everything was rattling.

I ran into Parker's room and said, "It's starting." With my eyes wide.

He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug. "Everything is going to be fine." Little did I know, that everything wasn't.

*************************************

I told you it was short! I wanted to leave the chapter on a cliffhanger so I did! (I also had like zero time to write!)

The song at the top is Bad Day by Daniel Powter! It's literally the definition of my life!

Don't be a shy reader, tell me what you think!

VOTE•COMMENT•SHARE

Teaser: Can I say insane! The next chapter is going to be a HUGE one! Be ready! You won't see this coming! Or maybe you will...

Early update: 100 votes!