Chapter Twenty-One

Another update!

Enjoy!

Much love,

TCforever22

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE~

WILLIAM'S POV

I sat in the lounge room with Jayden and he was busy playing with his guitar and I was just lying on the couch, writing songs.

Oh well, this is what I do when I feel so stuffed up inside.

I'm still hurting. What Janelle did to me was just unforgivable. How could she lie to me knowing that I did love her so much, more than myself....

"Hey Will, Zach texted me and they want us to come at the studio." Jayden said, interrupting my thoughts.

"What for?" I asked. I really don't wanna go today. My body isn't just so cooperative today.

"A rehearsal, maybe?" He said unsurely.

"Wow. That's very sweet of them to head off without us." I said as I chucked my pen and notebook on the floor and stood up and started to walk to my room.

"Will?"

I turned around, "Yeah?" I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I gave him a weird look and said, "Yeah. I mean, why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering how you've been taking your break-up with Janelle."

"I've been taking it good, I guess." Then I turned around and started to walk away when he suddenly spoke up again.

"Don't you think Janelle's telling the truth?" He said and I hastily faced him. Seriously? This guy has just turned against me.

"What's happening to you? You're supposed to be on my side not on Janelle's!" I replied angrily.

"Look, Will I'm not on anyone's side and I never was. Just because I stayed by your side doesn't mean that I'm with you. I stayed with you because you were not okay and that you need someone to lean on." He said. "I'm trying to be a good friend by not joining on anyone's side."

I was stunned by his remark. I don't know if I should get angry at him and stuff....

"But what if Janelle is really telling the truth?" He said and I could see the worry in his eyes. I knew that he's hiding something from me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Will, I know who that Oliver was." He said. I grew more confused. Wait. What? He knew Oliver? How?

"I knew him. Oliver Smith." He said. "I... I was a previous member of their gang."

My eyes widened in shock.

Then, he lifted the hem of his shirt and showed me his abdomen. There was nothing there.

"Well?" I said.

Then he rubbed his lower abdomen and there came on a red mark. More of like a burn.

"This mark would remind me of who I was in the past." He said. "Oliver's gang are the most ruthless gang I've ever known in my entire life. One wrong move towards them and your dead. Once you get in that group, you won't be able to get out."

Then I looked into his eyes, "H-How did you manage to break-off from them?" I asked.

"I tried to talk to Oliver but he wouldn't let me go. So, one time, when we had our monthly gathering, I didn't attend. I've had enough. I told myself: No. I don't wanna be a part of this gang anymore." Jayden said as he looked on his scar. "But then, they barged into my house that same night and kidnapped me. They brought me into an abandoned warehouse and tortured me there. I was close to dead when they set me free. I was bleeding to death and this burn... Was hurting so bad that I didn't think I would survive. They left me lying on the ditch side of the road and then when I woke up, I saw myself already in a hospital room, with my mom and dad and my siblings... crying."

Then he laughed a little bit as he put his shirt down, "In fact, they thought I was gonna die." he said. "Of course, I didn't tell them what really happened. I just told them that some drunkard assholes on the road stopped me and asked for some money but when I told them that I don't have anything to give them so they beat me up into a pulp. I know I lied but as you can see, it pretty much covered up the real whole story. I lied because I was protecting myself and my family."

Then he looked at me, "Maybe what Janelle told you at the alley way was really true. Maybe she's really trying to protect you and her family... And that's because she loves you." he said.

He looked away and put his hands in his pocket, "And you know, if she doesn't really love you, then she wouldn't bother to come after you to the alleyway." he said with a lopsided grin.

•JANELLE'S POV•

"What the hell are we doing here in the studio?!" I asked frantically as Trent dragged me out of the car.

"You and Will are going to settle this once and for all!" Trent hissed.

What?! They kidnapped me just because they want me and William to talk?! This is absurd.

"I already texted Jayden." Zach said.

"Cool." Trent said. "Now let's go inside."

"No! I am not coming inside that studio Mr. Trent Bell!!!" I yelled but of course, they're three and I'm just alone so I lose. Julian pushed me in while Zach and Trent pulled me in with them.

Damn. How could I get myself out of this situation?!