Chapter 11

Selena's POV
I walked into my house after hours at work, exhausted. "Did anyone make dinner?" I called. "I did! In here!" Charlotte called back and I walked into the kitchen. Charlotte and Joel were there, Charlotte opening the lid of the CrockPot. "What's on the menu?" I asked. "Chili. Vegetarian chili." Charlotte said. "Hi Joel, what are you doing here?" I asked as I washed my hands. "Since I found out, I never want to leave her side." Joel replied and kissed Charlotte on the cheek. "Sorry Mom." Charlotte giggled. I was happy that Joel didn't ditch her and the baby but I'm worried about Zedd. "What about Dad? He'll be mad." I said. Charlotte's expression didn't change. "I don't care, in happy with my boyfriend and my baby and he can't bring me down." I nodded. "I just can't believe I'm going to be a Grandma. At first, can the baby call me Selena?" I asked. She nodded. "You are only thirty-eight." Charlotte said. I nodded again and began to chop vegetables. "Do you know where Trent is?" I asked. Charlotte shrugged. "He's probably at the library with Kennedy." Charlotte said. "Kennedy's a girl, right?" I asked. She nodded. She's in my Calculus class. "Oh, she's not Trent's age?" I asked. She nodded. "She's sixteen." I really any Trent to get a girlfriend. When Charlotte was a sophomore she met Joel and they hit it off. Now that Trent's a sophomore I really want him to date like Charlotte. Just then, the front door opened and I heard laughter. One by a girl. Trent walked in, a medium sized girl next to him. "This is Kennedy." Trent said. Kennedy had long curly ash blonde hair, green eyes, caramel skin, and plump lips. "Hello Mrs. Zaslavski. I'm Kennedy Fischer." Kennedy introduced. "Hello Kennedy. Call me Selena." I said. "Well, I should get going. Bye Trent." Kennedy said and they kissed. On the lips. As their lips parted, she walked out. "Trent has a girlfriend! Trent has a girlfriend!" Charlotte teased. Trent frowned and opened the fridge. He pulled out the carton of milk and took a swing. "Trent Zaslavski!" I scolded. "It's fine Mom, I have homework to do." Trent said and stalked off. "My baby boy's dating."