Chapter 22

Charlotte's POV
I sat at home, one week before my senior year of high school starts. Denny is sleeping five hours at a time so that's ok. I put him down at nine and then again at two. And Joel he started Valley last week and he couldn't be happier. He's majoring in Psychology and doing great. Right now, I'm screwed. I don't have anyone to watch Denny while I'm at school. Mom was going to do it but we're in a fight now. I can't believe she's having another baby when she should be happy with Denny? Denny's her new grandchild. Isn't that what every mother wants for her children? To have them have kids and give them grandchildren? I know that's what Gram wants. And Pop Pop. And maybe even Oma and Opa. Anyway, I sat, feeding Denny smushed carrots. As I was finishing up, Joel walked in. He kissed my forehead. "Hey babe. Hi Denny." Joel smiled and kissed the top of Denny's head as well. "What are you doing home?" I asked. "Well, I had a break in between Calculus and Art History so I thought I'd come home and see my boy and my girl." Joel said and we kissed. I smiled. "How long do you have until class?" I asked. "About an hour so I have to leave in forty-five minutes." Joel said. I nodded and he played with Denny. "What are we going to do when your school starts?" Joel asked. "I have no clue." I said. "You should make up with your Mom. She'll be on leave anyway, being pregnant and all. It's perfect." Joel suggested and put his hands on my shoulders. "No, she needs to apologize to me. I did nothing wrong." I said, sticking my nose in the air. "Maybe you should apologize. Just to clear the air. You are family." Joel said. I sighed. "Fine. But if she rejects. Things will change." I said and we stopped talking.

I opened the door to my Mom's house, Denny in my arms. He's so cute. Adorable. He's a spinning image of Joel and has my face shape and lips. "Hello!" I called. "In the kitchen!" Mom yelled back. I walked into the kitchen to reveal my Mom alone, drinking tea. "Look Mom. I'm sorry. Really, I am. I miss you and I was such a jerk." I said. Mom nodded. Bitch. I fake smiled. "Do you forgive me?" I asked. Mom nodded. "My hormones also took over. I over reacted and I'm sorry." Mom said and we hugged.