Chapter 39

Charlotte's POV
It's been two weeks since the party and I'm going to see my doctor to know the truth. I packed everything out of my dorm because Alyson and I got an apartment right by the campus but we need to find another roommate. Mostly because of the rent and we have three bedrooms. Alyson said she'd find someone during summer because she lives right near Harvard, only a town over and she knows a lot of people who need out of the dorms. Even if I am pregnant, I'm still going to Harvard. I won't give up my schooling for anything. I just hope that I'm not pregnant. If I am, everything will be much harder.

I sat in the doctor's office in the chair, my Mom beside me. She had Gemma in her arms and had Zach in a stroller. "OK Charlotte, the gel's going to be cold so be ready." The doctor told me and applied the gel on my belly. Immediately I saw flickers of stuff on the screen. Crap. "Well it seems to me that you are just about three months pregnant." The doctor told me and I nodded. My Mom touched my arm. "Well, you should make another appointment. It should be fairly soon, I mean we need to keep a close eye on the babies." She said and stood up. "Wait! Did you just say babies like plural?" I demanded. "Oh yes, you're having triplets." The doctor said and walked out. My Mom and I sat there, in shock. "I'm having three kids??" I said. "You'll have four in total." My Mom whispered. "FOUR?" I shouted. My Mom nodded. "I can't have three babies. I'll be at Harvard when they come. I can't even handle one there." I said. "You should defer for a year, get everything settled with Joel and the school." My Mom said. "I can't! This is my education! I need to graduate, that's my top prority." I said. "Your children are now your top prority." My Mom said firmly and we walked out of the building. "Mom I'm only nineteen." I whispered. "Well maybe you should've gotten pregnant later in life." She said and we drove away.