Part Fifteen

"Riley!" I call, and Riley comes running out of the bathroom.

"Is something wrong?" She asks worriedly, tossing her dirty clothes in her bag.

"There's only one bed." I tell and Riley nods her head.

"I know." She replies and I narrow my eyes.

"You know?"

"Yeah."

"You don't care?"

"If I knew and cared, wouldn't there be two beds?" Riley points out and I nod my head. "Do you care? I can get a different room if you want." Riley suggests and I shake my head.

"No no no no no no no," Damn, I said no too many times, no she'll be suspicious. "It's no trouble at all." I smile and she nods her head.

"All right then," Riley begins to rummage through her bag, gradually becoming more and more frantic. "Damn it." Riley mumbles, and I walk over to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she sighs.

"I can't find my teddy bear. I must not have brought it," She mumbles, running her hand through her hair "I never go to sleep without it. It was the last thing Nikki gave to me before she died." Riley tells me.

"Was Nikki your sister?" I ask and Riley nods.

"She was my twin. She died when I was eight, and I always had night terrors, so she would always cuddle with me and protect me during the night. Then, right before she died, she gave me a teddy bear and told me that he'd keep me safe for her. I'm scared to sleep without it." Riley says sadly, sitting down in one of the hanging chairs.

"Do you think you'd be able to make it through the night?" Riley shakes her head, and I sit down in the other hanging chair.

"Not a chance. I'd have to pull an all nighter. The only time I fell asleep without it was the night that I fell asleep..." Riley slows down and a calm look goes across her face. "On your shoulder." Riley and I silently stare at each other for a while, before Riley speaks.

"Do you think, that as one friend helping out another, because that's all we are, you could cuddle with me during the trip? As friends." Riley asks politely, and I want to jump up and down and dance. But I don't.

"I could do that for you." I say smiling softly.

"As friends." Riley repeats and I nod my head.

"As friends. I'm going to put my pajamas on." I say, grabbing shorts and a T-shirt and heading into the bathroom. The door shuts, and I start to dance around the room. "Hey you," I whisper, pointing to myself in the mirror. "You're gonna be Riley Shorn's teddy bear tonight." I quickly change, and find Riley lying in the bed.

I climb in next to her, and she wraps her hands around my waist, and places her head on the pillow.

"Having my head on the pillow makes me uncomfortable," Riley justifies, as she places her head on my chest. "We are just friends." Riley reminds me and I sigh.

"I know," I tell her, wrapping my right arm around her shoulders. "That's all we are." I lie, and Riley smiles.

"Thank you, Michelle," She mumbles, her eyes closing. "You're a good friend." My heart didn't know how to react. It wanted to be more than a friend. So much more than a friend. But with her head on my chest, my arms wrapped around her, I didn't feel like I could complain right then.

I had no option but to drift into a deep, deep sleep, as Riley's teddy bear.

HFUAIGHQUCIE THAT IS SO ADORABLE. Haha! The song for this chapter is 'Say You're Just A Friend' by Austin Mahone.

I should have posted this last night, but I fell asleep working on it. I will post more today though, and I feel SO BAD for not having done it last night, although sometimes, I just have other things to do as well. It's just the way it works.

But yeah, I love you guys! Comment, vote, follow if you haven't, and TELL YOUR FRIENDS! Haha! By the way, out of ten, how cute is this chapter? And how cute are they together? One is this is complete crap, ten is this is the new standard I judge cuteness by. If it is neither of those, say what that number means to you(:

-S