Part Twenty Two

"I've gotta find Riley..." I mumble, as I quickly gather my things. Tossing them into my pockets, I run down the streets of Hollywood, people staring and pointing at me, comments about my love live buzzing around.

I grip my room key tightly in my hand as I run into the elevator. I press the six button, and slam my hand against the close button until the door shuts. If Riley doesn't hear about this, it's just going to be a problem when she's out in the streets.

The doors open, and I sprint down the hall to our room. Sliding the key through the scanner, I push the door open. "Riley, I need to talk to you," I say, but no reply. "Riley?" I look inside the room, but it's empty. I check the charger to find Riley's iPod still there, and she never leaves without it - ever.

Her clothes for today are still there, and the bed is unmade. My heart starts to race, and I begin to panic. Riley wouldn't have left without telling me... Right?

I search for her phone, but to no avail. Her wallet is still there, sitting on the counter and full. Where would Riley go without her iPod or wallet, in her pajamas at nine in the morning on a Monday?

Trick question. She wouldn't. My slight panic grew, and I was on the verge of freaking out. My phone starts to ring, and I pick it up faster than I ever have before.

"Riley?" I ask hopefully and I hear a laugh.

"This is not Riley," The voice says deeply, and I check the caller ID to find they're calling from her phone. "But I know where she is." They laugh again, their laughter filled with evil and hatred.

"Where the hell is she?" I ask sternly and I can imagine a smile rising upon their faces.

"That's for you to find out. I will give you forty eight hours to get back your girl, or she's mine - forever. No cops. No hints. No do overs. Good luck, Michelle. You'll need it." The line goes dead, and I run outside onto the balcony staring out at the view.

Somewhere, Riley is being held hostage. And I have forty eight hours to find her.

:o THIS IS ABOUT TO GET INTERESTING! I'm sorry it's so short, I have a busy day today. My new story is up, check that out!

Like, comment, you know the drill(:

-S