Part Two

"She DARED you to prove her wrong?" Monkey exclaimed, her dropped jaw allowing a glimpse of her tongue ring. I nodded my head and took a sip of my water.

"It was crazy. I've never had somebody talk to me like that before, ever," I explained as I twisted the cap back on my water bottle. "She wasn't talking like she loved me; she wasn't talking like she wanted me; she was talking like she hated me."

"Wow Michelle," Monkey whistled. "Looks like you finally found a girl who doesn't want you," She told me, but paused before continuing. "Well, other than Christie and I." I laughed and nodded my head.

"Please keep it that way. I do not want you two falling in love with me." I told her and she scoffed.

"Bitch please! You'd be lucky to have me. I'm awesome," Monkey replies, and I laugh. "I still can't believe you got rejected." Monkey says a little too loudly, and I punch her in the shoulder, making her scream. NOTHING hurts more than my punches.

"What you guys talking about?" Christie says as she slides into the seat next to Monkey. They give each other a kiss before Monkey answers.

"Riley," Monkey explains, and I get my fist ready under the table. "And how she rejected Michelle." I punch Monkey again, and she cries out in pain. "Jesus, you're evil!"

"I talked to Riley today, she's actually a really great person." Christie tells me and I laugh.

"You wouldn't know that based on my conversation with her..." I grumble.

"No, she's a really great person. We talked for a while when we were trying to wake you up. She's a runner, the best in the state, top five in the nation, and insanely smart. They just moved her up a grade, because she's literally too smart for the tenth grade. She let me see her schedule. Honors Calc 2, Honors Physics, A.P. Literature, A.P. World History, and instead of making her take PE, they gave her a free hour fifth period. And she's SUPER NICE." Christie rants on. I knew that Riley was really smart, but I didn't know that she was that smart. And I have a free hour fifth as well, not having to do PE either.

"Wow," Monkey says amazed. "She really is a great person."

"I'm really not that great," Riley chuckles as she approaches our table. "Mind if I sit here?" Christie and Monkey shake their heads, so Riley drags a chair from a nearby table to ours, sitting in between me and Christie. I look down at my food and stab my fork into my mac and cheese. Why doesn't she like me? What isn't to like? Why is this pissing me off so much?

"So what's going on Riley? I'm Monkey, by the way." Monkey introduces herself, and Riley smiles. 

"Nice to meet you. And not much, I just got back from a run, so I'm starving," She explains as she uses her fork to grab a bite of her salad. No dressing on it, just lettuce, carrots and green peppers. " It was a short run, only seven miles." I choke on my food momentarily before regaining composure.

"Seven miles is short? What is long?" I ask and she laughs.

"About fifteen. You don't get good at running if you don't run." She tells us and I chuckle.

"Based on the sounds of it, you're already a good runner." I mumble and she nods.

"Ah, so I see you've heard. Yeah, I am a good runner. But I still enjoy it, and I want to get better. Besides, I have to train anyways." She tells us.

"What for?" Christie asks and Riley smiles, revealing two rows of perfectly straight, white teeth.

"I'm an Olympic hopeful," Riley says, and I spot a tongue piercing while she speaks. "On the short list for the 5K and a bunch of Track events."

"Holy shit." Christie, Monkey and I all say at the same time. "That's amazing." I tell her and she blushes.

"I just got lucky. It's really not that amazing." She mutters unconvincingly.

"Haha! No, you're good. Michelle loves to run! You guys could run together. And if she starts to make you angry, you could just speed up." Christie suggests and Riley smiles.

"That actually sounds good. Six PM, Michelle. Be ready." Riley smiles.

Part three will be up sometime today. Remember to like, and let me know what you think! 

-S