Part Thirty Three

Prove Me Wrong - Part Thirty Three

Michelle's POV

When I walked into the dorm room, Riley was already back. She was lying on the couch, a blanket wrapped around her fast asleep body. A half eaten bowl of popcorn rested on the coffee table in front of her, next to the remote controlling the TV.

I stepped over to the side of the TV and turned it off, the menu screen of 'She's the Man' fading out quickly.

Removing my shoes, I set them by the door and toss my backpack onto my bed. It makes a loud noise as it lands, awaking Riley.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up," I apologize, and Riley smiles.

"It's okay. I've been asleep a while anyways, it was time for me to get up," Riley responds, sitting up on the couch. "When did you get back?"

"A few hours ago. I finished my chemistry test early, so they let me head out," Riley responds, glancing at her watch. "Jeez, it's five already? Wow. Want to get dinner?" She offers, and I nod my head.

"Chinese takeout and a movie?" I suggest, and Riley laughs.

"Sounds like my perfect evening. I'll make the order," She grabs her phone, and scrolls through her contacts in search of the number for Mr. Wang's Chinese food. She places the order, but I'm not paying any attention.

I stare at Riley, and her lying on the couch, phone in her hand and a glossy-eyed look reminds me of our time in Paris.

We weren't allowed to leave immediately. They had to keep us there for a couple of weeks while the entire Ellie situation got sorted out, and in a few months, we will have to return for the trial.

"Alright, thanks!" Riley hangs up the phone, and turns to me. "It will be here soon," She smiles, as she looks over the movies. "What are you in the mood for?"

"Something funny, but cute too. She's the Man, maybe?" I offer up, and Riley nods her head, pressing the number on the box.

"Sounds good to me!" Riley sets up the movie, and wraps a blanket around the two of us. We're not very far into the movie when I have to go out and get the food from the entrance.

"Sorry, Ken. They need to make a better system for this here," I apologize, and the short asian man laughs.

"As long as you keep tipping well, I don't care!" He tell me, and I chuckle, handing him the money.

"You never fail to amuse me. I'll see you soon!" I wave, taking the plastic bag from his hands. Jogging back over to our dorm room, I find Riley sitting there, putting paper plates on the ground and refilling water bottles.

We get ourselves situated again, and resume the movie, laughing, cuddling and eating Chinese food. It's been a while since I realized I'm in love with Riley, but I still haven't acted on it yet. The only hint that she cares about me was our kiss, but she insists that it meant nothing, and she was wasted.

She's the Man, as far as rom-coms go, is one of my favorites. Duke and Viola are crazy for each other, but Viola is pretending to be her brother, and neither of them is really speaking up about their emotions. But there's a lot of soccer and awkwardness in there too, which is cool.

"I just don't get it. If you're in love with someone, shouldn't you say something?" Riley asks rhetorically, and my heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach. Does she want me to tell her? Is that what I'm supposed to do?

"Riley there's something I need to tell you," I say, grabbing the remote and pausing the movie. She turns her head to look at me, and I take a deep breath, before mumbling the three words I have never said before, or at least meaning them.

"I love you."

HSLAJFKABJLAHS HOLY SHIT MAN. Sorry. But in my defense, OH MY GOD!

Sorry I didn't post last night, I was with my friends (: THAT WAS PLURAL! We had fun (: Me, Daisy, Kayleigh, Kate and Gabby.

And geez, guys, 75 followers! Wow! I'm babysitting my grandma today (amusing, but true) so I'll be in and out of writing and working.

I don't know how PG-13 this next part will be, but yeah.

I want the 5SOS wide neck sweatshirt. I'll have it soon enough (:

Can I wear a sweatshirt the first day? Or is that too early to show I don't care?

Ah well. I should do some school work.

Posting again soon! And really guys, like and comment.

Like, comment, share, enjoy!

-S