CHAPTER 5

The Ghost Of Ammut - PEDDIE - CH. 5

Fabian turned the lights on in the bedroom.

Eddie rubbed his eyes.

"Dude, what time is it?" Eddie said sitting up.

Fabian paced around the room.

"Midnight." He said stopping by Eddie's bed.

"And, you decided to wake me up because?" Eddie questioned.

"I want to know everything about Ammut. This is driving me crazy." Fabian said.

"Its between me and Patricia, your not getting involved." Eddie said defensively.

"I have to get involved." Fabian said.

"Thats too bad...sorry bro." Eddie said laying back down.

"Eddie, you can't just-! And your asleep." Fabian said turning the lights off.

__________

Patricia couldn't sleep. Not with Joy gone again. She still had no idea where she was. Once Patricia did fall asleep, she heard a knock on the bedroom door. She sighed.

"What do you want, its three in the morning!" She groaned.

In walked Ammut. With an axe.

"Choose, the boy, or your friend, the one of Joy, will disappear forever..." the raspy whisper of Ammut spoke out.

"I will find Joy you little rat." Patricia said.

"One of them dies in 15 days time....make your choosing now.....or find the potion...." the raspy whisper said.

"I....I choose, Eddie..." Patricia mumbled.

"Who now? The boy? You'll still need the potion....." the raspy whisper said.

"The potion for what?" Patricia said.

"Love is the cure for it.......now who do you choose, I demand an answer now." The whisper got louder.

"Eddie." Patricia said.

The spirit turned its head.

"Eddie!" Patricia yelled.

The spirit smiled.

"Eddie!" Patricia screamed.

__________

Her scream woke everyone up, even Victor.

Victor marched up the stairs and into the room, everyone else following.

"I will not have this screaming, now what is it?" Victor said.

"Eddie.....where is he?....." her voice trailed off.

"Why would you need him?" Victor said.

Jerome rolled his eyes and left, Alfie, Amber and Mara following him.

"Nevermind...I'm...I'm sorry Victor." Patricia said.

Victor left, not noticing Eddie and Fabian.

Eddie walked in.

"Its not safe here." Patricia said.

"What happened?" Eddie said.

"Ammut wants a potion, and she says shes keeping joy until she gets it...she can't do anything to harm Joy though..." Patricia said.

"Whats stopping her?" Eddie asked.

"Love. Its like repellent. She can't do anything bad with it going on..but how will we get Joy back?" Patricia said.

"We give Ammut this potion, and she gives us Joy...we'll work on the details later...we can't have you screaming every night from Ammuts appearances though..." Eddie said.

"Its not safe here....she can only make the appearances when I'm at my weakest....." Patricia said.

"So what do you suggest we do?" Eddie said.

"I'm sleeping in the crypt...its protected by the good R.F.S. Here at Anubis, I'm weaker than anyone is when they're sleeping." Patricia said.

Eddie grabbed Patricias hand.

"Together, remember?" He said.

"But, I don't want both of us in the crypt...." Patricia said.

"We're doing this together though, and it might help, you know, since I'm the Osorion and you were screaming my name....not sure if thats saying anything, but... ." Eddie said.

"AlrIght. Its settled then. But don't let anyone know. Night for now." Patricia said standing up.

They leaned in, kissing. Patricia wrapped her arms around Eddie's neck. Then, they saw Fabian in the doorway. Eddie looked at Fabian then back at Patricia.

"Night Yacker." He said joining Fabian and leaving.

"Don't say anything about it, k?" Eddie said to Fabian.

"Wouldn't dare. Seems you've got this pretty well yourself this time. I'm surprised about every bit of it," Fabian said.

"Besides, I leave to visit Nina tomorrow." Fabian finished as they walked into the room.

"Right. Good luck." Eddie said laying down.

But someone else had been watching them the entire time. And their name was Amber Millington.