Fate is just a Four-Letter Word

{Chapter 26}

11 Months Later

•Stiles P.O.V.•
I sighed pacing in my livingroom nervously. She'll be here any minute. After all this time, i'm finally going to tell her. Yeah we made out once and it almost lead to something further but we were drunk. Not too drunk because we knew what we were doing...but would telling her make a difference? At the sound of the doorbell my heart stopped. I took a deep breath standing to my feet and walking to the door to answer it. Here goes nothing.

After i opened the door, i spoke. "Come in..." I said stepping to the side.
"Hey Stiles" she said walking in. We sat beside each other on the couch. "So whats up why'd you call me?"

"Okay I'm just going to get straight to the point. You and I both know...there's something between us. And i'm being completely honest when I say that i've been thinking about this for quite some time and my feelings for you...have evolved into love..." I said looking into her beautiful eyes.

"Stiles... I..." She started, looking at me in disbelief.

"I know Ashley...but--" I started, but she cut me off.

"No, Stiles. There is no but. I may have had feelings for you at one point...maybe i still do. But you know very well i'm engaged to Derek. And not to mention...we're going to have a beautiful child together" She said.

"I know, Ashley. I know. That doesn't change the way i feel about you and the way I know you feel about me. You can't just ignore this, you can't just ignore us." i said gesturing between her and I.

"Yes I can! What don't you understand? There is no 'us'. I've been pushing away the thought of 'us' being a possibility. Because, you and i both know it isn't." She replied upsetly.

I looked at her, slight anger beginning to boil inside me as i rubbed my temples. "Why? Why are you making it seem like this is nothing? If it was nothing you would not have came." I glared.

"Don't try to turn this around and make this my fault. You invited me here if you would have stayed quiet--"

"If I would have stayed quiet?!" I screamed angrily. "How is that fair, Ashley? Please tell me how i'm supposed to stay quiet knowing that the girl i love, that the girl that loves me back, won't be with me."

She looked at me scowling. "I don't know! Maybe it would have done you some good to say something sooner?"

"It wouldn't have made a difference when i told you. I should've known you wouldn't understand." I sighed holding my face in my hands.

I bit at my lip anxiously as i felt her arms wrap around my torso in a hug. I looked up before hugging her back.

"...Stiles. It isn't that i don't understand. It's just that well I really do love Derek. And, I want us to have a family together. I have feelings for you, but I can't let them interfere." She whispered soothingly kissing my cheek.

"I know...but that doesn't take away the pain." I said resting my chin atop her head as i held her. I wish we could stay like this forever.

I looked down at her. She's so beautiful. All i ever wanted was for her to be mine, but then Derek came along. I tilted her head up by her chin, looking into her eyes.

Her eyes scanned my features and I looked down to her lips, leaning in. And to my surprise, she leaned in as well, our lips meeting in a soft kiss. I closed my eyes as she closed hers as well and i wrapped my arms tighter around her small waist.

I lightly nibbled on her lower lip asking for entrance, she parted her soft pink lips allowing my tongue to slide into her mouth as i layed her back against the couch.