The First Sight

{Chapter 1}

*ASHLEY'S P.O.V*

"We're here girls!" Mom said excitingly pulling into our driveway.

"Finally," I said getting out of the car quickly stretching my legs, walking towards the front door.

"Look who's excited," Mom said sarcastically.

"No," I said looking disappointed.

"Katie wake up we're here now," Sierra said pushing Katie slightly.

"Let's get our stuff out of the car and truck," Mom said.

"Excuse me, mam, we will take out anything heavy for you," One of the men said getting out of the truck.

"Thank you" She smiled as we all began taking out our lightboxes from the truck.

I know I will get used to our new house sooner or later. Maybe sooner than I expected. As I walked towards the house I noticed it's bigger than our last home. The numbers on the house read 3289 and the street name, Golden Lane. This is a nice neighborhood it's very quiet here.

Right, when you walk into the house you see a small closet to the left, the living room to the right, a big space in the center, and a staircase next to a small hallway which is next to the kitchen.

"Okay girls, the left side closet will be for our coats, umbrellas, and shoes when you first step into the house" Mom explained as we continued to walk forward towards the stairs.

"Through this hallway is the backyard door and a closet for our towels and rags. Our rooms are upstairs. Go pick out which room you want. Just note, I'm taking the biggest room to the left all the way down the hallway." Mom continued.

"Mom we figured that you were going to take the bigger room!" Katie said angrily rolling her eyes.

Sierra, Katie, and I ran upstairs. I picked the room that's on the right once at the top of the stairs so I can be furthest away from mom's room. Katie chooses the room that was close to mom's room and Sierra got the room that's closer to mine.

"Unpack girls, freshen up, and get ready for dinner at Melissa's house. 8:30 pm sharp!" Mom yelled.

The trip here was 6 hours long. I was so relieved we finally got here, especially after that long ride. I like the house though it is really nice. My room is the second biggest with a Bathroom and walk-in closet like my mom's room. Katie and Sierra have to share the bathroom that's in between both of their rooms in the hallway.

I walked around my room and directed my attention to what was occurring in the forest not far from my new home. All I see is a forest, but as I look closer I notice the police lights and the trees surrounding them. There were at least five or six police officers, they seem to be investigating something. I wonder what happened.