The Unexpected

^^Picture of Isaac Lahey & Scott McCall^^

{chapter 4}

"What's a benandanti?"

"Well it's what you are" Derek answered. "A benandanti is a person that can read minds and also control them. Usually the males have a sonic boom power along with them... I'm not sure what power females would have but can you do anything else other then the basics?"

"Not that I'm aware of" I answered.

"I don't think your going to shift by the way, you would have turned overnight and you didn't. Even though you were turned on the full moon, it still would have made you shift." he replied and relief washed over me in seconds.

"Thank goodness!" I said happily. Then I looked down and realized I've been changed back to my clothes I had on before I changed into Derek's. Derek must have changed me.

"Oh my god! I have school today!" I jumped up and looked for an exit I saw the door then turned back to Derek.

"I have like an hour how far until we get to my house?"

"how long do you need to get ready?" He asked.

"I don't know, fifteen-twenty minutes maybe" he pulls me to the door and out to the his car.

Once we got to my house, I kissed Derek for about ten seconds then sprinted into the house.

"Ashley?" My mom called.

"Yeah mom? I overslept I need to hurry and get ready" my phone buzzed and I saw that Derek texted me. He must have put his number in my phone while I was asleep.

"Where did you stay last night?"

"Uh, my scott's girlfriends house remember? Now if you'll excuse me I have to get ready for school.

I grabbed my favorite burgundy zip-up hoodie, tank top, skinny jeans, and burgundy vans then went to my dresser and grabbed underclothes and went into the bathroom.

When I shut the door I turned around and was disgusted by my reflection in the mirror. No wonder mom asked me where I stayed last night, I was a wreck!

My hair was in a bunch of knots, my clothes were all full of dirt and mud even though I didn't wear these to the fight which was odd.

I hadn't realized it before but I have bruises every where.

That explains why mom asked me where I was last night. I quickly undressed and hopped in the shower. I got out about five minutes later and I already looked better. I grabbed my phone and read Derek's text which I had forgotten about.

*Derek: hey, text me when you're ready. X~Derek

*Me: Okayy, but ill have to tell my mom someone else is driving me to school

*Derek: alright ;)

I quickly dressed and made sure to cover the bruises on my arms with my clothes. Then i went to my desk to put on my makeup. Crap, I had two bruises on my face I didn't want people to think that people abuse me.

I put the rest of my makeup on and shrugged the thought off. Mom was gonna say something about this I'm sure. I brushed my wet hair and put moose and hairspray on it so it can stay curly. I sent Derek a quick text letting him know I'll be done in about five minutes. I walked down stairs and into the kitchen where mom was leaning against the counter with a stern look on her face.

"Ashley Nicole Jacobson!" I cringed. Whenever she used my full name I know it meant trouble.

"Yes mom?" I asked slightly afraid.