Falling For You

^^Picture of Peter Hale^^

{Chapter 2}

"So let me double-check, you can read minds?" Derek asked.

"And control them. It's a lot more difficult with werewolves." I responded.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"Well, it drains my energy faster and makes me weak."

"So how did it not take any of your energy earlier with Isaac?" 

"Because you were already on the verge of saying that to him."

"Oh," he said and I nodded my head. "Anything else?"

"If you were to say, be bitten or turned by a werewolf what would that do to you?" Derek asked.

"It would turn me into a mind-reading werewolf. I can't get rid of this power, no matter how much I want to. I can pretend it's not here and just not use it, but it's pointless because I love reading people's minds. Kind of like right now how you for some reason, you can't keep your mind off my 'luscious green eyes'. They're hazel by the way" his eyes widened and he blushed.

"Scott, are you going to help me with the fight tonight?" Derek asked changing the subject immediately. 

"Let me just bring Ashley home first."

"No, I wanna go with you guys," I said quickly. 

"Scott isn't this what you brought her here for. She'll be safe, she can just hide from them." Derek added.

"They'll smell her though," Scott admitted.

"You can just hide in the distance. They won't notice you if you use some of my clothes and shower with my body wash."

"Do you even have a shower here?" I asked, looking around once again at the burned building around me.

"No, but I do at Peter's apartment which is like five minutes from here." Before I could ask Scott answered my thought.

"He's Derek's uncle. A while back, he tried to kill us all, so we set him on fire and Derek slashed his throat becoming the alpha, but now he's back not trying to kill us anymore" Scott mentioned like it was nothing.

"Oh. Good to know..." I replied in confusion.

"Really Scott? you had to make me look bad? Sorry, Ashley, it was an important thing to do."

"Can we just go?" I asked quietly.

'Great I scared her' I heard from Derek's head.

"No, you didn't" I smiled at him.

"Don't do that" he said shyly.

"Derek stop acting like a little bitch. We should probably get going." Scott announced. "Come on Ashley" Scott continued.

I hopped in his car and we followed Derek to his uncle's house.

When we got there, a guy in his thirties or forties, I'm guessing Peter, appeared on the front steps and he kept his eyes on me.

"Who's this Derek?" Peter asked.

"Her name is Ashley. She needs to shower here, I'll explain later. We don't have a lot of time to waste. The alpha packs going to attack soon, we need her to be there" Derek stated.

"Come on Ashley, ill take you to the shower," Peter stated. 

'And then ill do some sweet talking'  I heard in his mind.