I am Pregnant

Jalen in MM
4 months later
Its been a while and yes I'm still in Atlanta,its actually not that bad.I've kinda settled in and started working and meeting people.A couple weeks back I decided to answer one of Chris' calls and when he started talking to me I knew he was drunk so I hung up.I just got back from the hospital and my doctor was lecturing me on the importance of a two parent home.It got me thinking...don't get me wrong I'm switching doctors because of that shit but I don't want to keep my child from having their dad.I do not want to get back together with Chris and I hate him but he atleast desrves to know he's actually gonna be a dad this time.
I've told Jasmine what I've been thinking and she is completely against it.She wants me to have nothing to do with Chris but I guess that's just her trying to protect me.Speaking of Jasmine,Chris sent her the divorce papers(he doesn't know I'm with her),and I met her boyfriend James.He's better than Chris I can tell you that.
My mom was right,they're always traveling in the past couple of months they've gone on like 5 trips!I didn't tag along for any of them though, being around a happy couple isn't exactly what I need right now.
I put my purse down and waddle over to the couch,even though I'm only 23 weeks but I'm pretty big.My soon to be ex doctor said my baby will probably be over 10 pounds,my baby....I actually can't wait to find out what I'm having but I decided to be surprised. I sit down on the couch and pull my phone out,I'm about to call Chris but the doorbell rings.I struggle to get up and then I walk over and look through the window.There's this dark skin guy outside the door with a little light skin boy beside him.They're both cute in my opinion.
I open the door and the guy smiles at me,I smile back cuz he's fine as hell."Hi I'm Jalen and this is my son Dominique."He says reaching for my hand and we shake,I'm kind of surprised because he looks about 25 or 26 and his son looks around 5 or 6. "Dom tell her what you want."He says and the little boy looks up and then back down shyly.I smile as Jalen laughs."I'm sorry he's just shy,Dominique plays basketball and they're having a fundraiser and we were wondering if you'd like to donate?"He explains smiling and I notice how white his teeth are,I just nod and he rubs Dominique's shoulders."We just need your email and phone number if you don't mind." "Oh your asking me for my number?"I joke and he laughs. "Yea I might give you a call."He says sounding like he's flirting so I smile.I write my information and I hand it to Dominique smiling at him,he cracks a little smile before walking off a little."If you don't mind me saying your very beautiful pregnant."He says and I blush."Thank you,I bet your girlfriend loves when you give her compliments."I say trying to find out if he's single."Actually my baby moms doesn't really like me but I'd be happy to give you compliments all day long."He says and I laugh."I hope your boyfriend is not gonna go crazy on me for talking to you." He says and I shake my head."Nope,no boyfriend to do that."I say leaning against the frame of the door.He smiles before looking at his son."I gotta get Dom around the neighborhood but thank you,and nice meeting you."He says and I frown a little." It was nice meeting you too."I tell him before turning to Dominique."Bye Dominique!"I say waving and he waves back,I wave at Jalen and gives me on last smile before continuing down the neighborhood.
I walk back in feeling great and then I get a call from Chris.I answer and its silent for a second."Imani...."He says and I smile at his voice but quickly stop myself."Hi Chris." "Imani where are you?Are you ok?"He asks and I frown."Yes I'm fine,Ion know why you're pretending to care.."I say trailing off."Of course I care you're the one who left me!"He says raising his voice and I start to get upset."You know why I left Chris."I say and he scoffs."Obviously I don't Imani,you've been gone for months without any word.I was worried..." "Can you stop feeding me bullshit Chris,please?"I ask angrily."What bullshit Ni,I'm telling you how I feel--"I end the call.I just can't sit here and listen to his lies its pissing me off.
After 10 missed calls from Chris in 10 minutes I decide to try and talk to him again,I realized I didn't get to tell him what I needed to."Hello?"I say into the phone."Can you please talk to me?"Chris asks and I glint."We're talking right now."I say being smart and he sighs."Imani please."He pleads and now I sigh."Fine...Chris?"I say and he grunts telling me to continue."I'm pregnant."I say and he's silent."Is it mine?"He asks and I frown."Yes he or she is yours."I say and he's silent."Where are you Imani,I'm coming to get you."He says and I shake my head."No Chris Ion wanna be around you."I tell him."Your carrying my child Imani I want to be there." "You weren't saying that when Fera was pregnant."I mumble quietly but loud enough so he can hear."When he or she is born then we can talk about visitation and all that but until then I want nothing to do with you."I say trying not to back down."But Imani--" "No Chris,you can stay in L.A with your ho."I say and before he says anything I end the call.
*******
Comment.