Alice

( Yes, I'm aware of this being from a different perspective, this is due to a power later on )

Alice heard the horses outside. She toddled her way over to the window to look outside. I was returning home from a battle. She made her way over to Marie, her mother, and tugged on her dress. Marie came to the window and saw me. Alice watched her rush to the door. She put a pacifier in her mouth and toddled after her mother. She slid down the steps one at a time, when she reached the bottom of the stairs, a massive shadow loomed over her. She nonchalantly looked up and saw me smiling down at her.

"Hello, little one!", I said as I picked her up and lifted her over my head. She spit out the pacifier and giggled.

"Hai daddy!", she said. I hugged her.

"I missed you, sweetheart... I got you a present, though!" Marie watched me reach into my satchel, smiling. She smiled too. I pulled out a crow feather. Her eyes brightened as she took it.

"O, pwetti!" I smiled, pulling something else out. It was a vial with a green fluid in it.

"Wat's dat, daddy?" I put a drop of it on the feather. It flashed for a second and transformed into a baby crow. Her eyes brightened even more. She hugged me tightly.

"FANT OU DADDI" I laughed as she played with the baby crow.

"You're welcome, sweetheart. His name is Ferni."

"Hewwo, Fewni!" Ferni let out a small caw. They continued to play together. Alice took the crow up to her room. She coughed a little, hearing more horses from outside. She could hear men yelling from downstairs.

"Lord Oni! There's an army approaching from the desert! It has at least 100,000 demons!"

"Lord Oni, we know you just came back from battle, but we need you!" Alice peeked out her door and watched. Marie was clinging to me and two beaten-up soldiers stood before me. They were on their knees, begging. Alice coughed again, a little louder this time.

"Very well......", I said in response. Marie looked up at me in concern.

"Let me say goodbye to my family, this could take a while......" I kissed Marie's forehead and approached Alice's room. She watched me with big eyes. I heard a massive, collective, ungodly scream come from over the nearby range of hills. Another soldier stumbled in.

"THEY'RE COMING THIS WAY!!! THEY'LL BURN DOWN THE CASTLE!!!" My eyes widened, I gave one last glance at Alice and went out the door. She watched me go, coughing more. She fell to her knees, and Marie rushed over.

"Alice, are you ok?", she asked, picking up Alice and taking her to bed. Alice was coughing uncontrollably. Marie called in all the servants to help her. They came in with all types of medicine, but to no avail. Alice's cough was only slightly delayed with each dose. Marie started crying onto the bed. The battle ended the next morning. They ran out of medicine, and Alice was coughing uncontrollably.

"M-*cough*mo-*cough* mommy!*cough*" She was bawling in between coughs. She heard the horses returning as her throat began to close up. Only two years old...

Alice woke up in a room with padded walls and a solitary bed. She couldn't move her arms and she felt something over her mouth. She squirmed a little and looked down. She was in a straitjacket, and there was some sort of breathing mask with tubes attached to her face. She tried to scream, but it was muffled. She hopped off the bed and went to the door. A man in a lab coat opened the door, causing Alice to fall back. She looked up to see he had white hair. For a second, she thought it was me, but then realized that I was much taller. The man spoke.

"Hello, Miss Alice. I'm Doctor Stein, and I'll be the one taking care of you from now on.", he said. Alice was frightened, and backed up a little.

"You're probably wondering why you're here, so I'll explain. Your father smoked too much and gave you lung cancer, which is why you need that mask. Then, he left you and your mother alone. Your mother told us you have a very active imagination, but we know the truth. You're a bit crazy, Alice. You made up this fake world for yourself to hide the fact that you hated your father." He was lying through his teeth. Alice shook her head and continued to back away. He picked her up and carried her down the hall. She kept squirming and trying to scream.

He took her to his lab. It had a table with straps on it and several devices used for torture and experimenting. In the corner was a cage with a baby crow in it. Dr. Stein put Alice on the table.

"Now, Miss Alice. We're going to do some testing for a while......" A twisted grin formed on his face as he said that. He laughed maniacally. Alice cried.

For 14 years, these "tests" continued. They weren't making progress with anything, they were just breaking Alice until she actually went crazy. Both her and Ferni grew up. This day in particular, Dr. Stein was in a particularly maniacal mood. He pinned Alice down to the table and stripped her of her clothes. He forcefully raped her and took away her virginity. When he left her, Alice finally made the decision to break out that night. Once she returned to her room, she worked quickly. Ferni's talon was enough to pick the lock on the door. Alice ran out of the insane asylum they put her in and ran into the woods, Ferni flying close behind her. She tripped over a tree root and braced for impact with the ground. She didn't. She opened her eyes to find she was in the arms of a ghostly figure. She looked up to see my face. The Fierce Deity markings were on my face and my eyes were white.

"Alice.....", I said, "It's your father...... I haven't met you yet, I'm an image from the future...... You need to make a safehaven in these woods...... Somewhere for you to call home......" She continued to stare at me in shock.

"I don't have much time...... Take this......" I gave her a black book and a raven feather quill. All the pages were blank.

"You must create a family to live with you in this safehaven......" I started to fade.

"Good luck, sweetheart...... I love you......" I disappeared. Alice looked down at the book I gave her and opened it. She approached a clearing and began to write in it. A black dress appeared on her and an asylum built itself in the clearing. She wrote on the title of the book, "The Book of Pastas". She smiled at it.

"Thank you, daddy......", she whispered. Ferni flew onto her shoulder as she entered the Asylum.

"We have work to do, Ferni......" She shut the doors, and began to create her new family.