V

Words – V

Harry was nervous. Really nervous. So nervous he thought he’d never felt this nervous before in his entire life. His date with Louis was today and it had to be perfect. Louis deserved nothing but the best. Besides, this was his chance to show Louis he could love him like Louis should be loved by a boyfriend. And maybe, just maybe, Harry would be able to call Louis his boyfriend at the end of the evening.

But what if something goes wrong and his entire plan gets messed up? Or what if he tries to kiss Louis and Louis doesn’t want to? Or what if he’s too eager and Louis decides he doesn’t want him?

“Harry, honey, calm down. He’ll love whatever you have in mind for the date today. He really cares about you, you know. And I can see you love him. So there’s no need to worry”, Jay said and she smiled at him.

Harry was in the Tomlinson’s living room and he was waiting for Louis to come downstairs so he could take him on a date. Jay had suggested he’d wait inside instead of outside in his car and Harry had agreed. Footsteps sounded and Harry felt his heart racing. The things Louis could do to him without even knowing it…

The door opened and Lottie peeked around the corner. “Hi Harry. Louis says he’s almost finished and that he’ll be downstairs in a few. Apparently he can’t get his hair right and he’s been changing all afternoon.” She rolled her eyes.

“Do you think I could go upstairs for a moment?” Harry asked.

“Sure”, Lottie said. “Maybe he’ll be less nervous when he’s seen you’re just as nervous as he is.”

“I’m not nervous!” Harry protested. Lottie gave him a look and he sighed. “Alright, I am nervous but I just want this first date to be perfect.”

“It’s already perfect for Lou, since you’re the first person who’s ever asked him on a date”, Jay smiled. “That’s a really big deal for him.”

Harry smiled hesitantly. “I still don’t understand how I can be the first. He’s such an amazing and strong person, how come there weren’t others before me?”

“They couldn’t look past his deafness”, Jay said, “but you can and you did. And I thank you for that.”

Harry blushed and waved it off. “No need for that. I love him. And I’ll be going upstairs now.” But once again, footsteps sounded and this time the door opened to reveal Louis. “Hi baby”, Harry signed.

Louis blushed and said “Hi Hazza. Where are you taking me?” He fiddled with the hem of his shirt, not looked at Harry.

Harry crossed the distance in two steps, lifting Louis’ head up to meet his eyes. He then proceeded to kiss Louis’ nose. “Don’t be nervous. It’s gonna be fantastic.” He beamed widely at the older boy and Louis smiled back shyly. “Well Jay, I’ll bring him back before eleven, is that okay?”

Jay grinned. “I’d even accept twelve.”

“That’s a deal then. Come on, Lou, let’s go.” He took Louis’ hand and intertwined his fingers with his own. Louis was still beet red from the nose kiss and Harry almost cooed at the adorableness. Lottie threw Louis a not-so-subtle wink and Louis rolled his eyes at her before Harry slowly pulled him out of the house.

Where are we going?” Louis asked once the two boys were in the car and Harry was pulling out of the driveway.

Harry pressed the brakes and said “First, I’m taking you to a super fancy Italian restaurant. The second part, however, is a surprise. And no, I will not tell you. That’s the concept of a surprise, babe.