XV

Words – XV

Lou, are you coming?” Harry asked when he picked Louis up that morning.

Almost done”, Louis signed back, picking up his bag and finally looking at Harry properly. “Do we really have to go? I don’t want to see her.”

Harry knew Louis hadn’t been to school in a few days because of the whole situation. “She won’t come anywhere near either of us”, he promised.

You can’t be sure. Haz, I really don’t wanna go to school”, Louis complained.

I know you don’t, babe. Let me tell you what; if you get through the day without any more complaints, I will keep Kelsey away from us –I was gonna do that anyway– and I will take you out again tonight”, Harry promised. He knew he was trying to bribe Louis but if it worked, it worked, right?

Only if we can see Ashton again”, Louis said with a wink and Harry was glad to see him happier again.

Do you fancy Ashton over me?” Harry gasped.

Well, he is cute”, Louis teased.

You know”, Harry started, all serious, “I’d be okay with it if you’d rather date him. I mean, of course I’d be very sad but if you think he’s better for you, you should just go for it.”

Hazza”, Louis interrupted him, “I’d choose you anytime. Ashton’s nice, yes, and cute, but he’s not you, okay?” He grabbed Harry’s arm and gently dragged him out the door. “Drive us to school, curly boy. Wouldn’t want to let Johnson wait, would we?

Harry realized with delight that Louis was joking again. “Alright, alright, I’m going. Buckle up.

Louis threw him a look and buckled his seatbelt. “’S not like I’m a kid.”

“No, not at all”, Harry said sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

Why do I like you again?

I’m tall, handsome, my hair is awesome, I’m nice…

No big ego at all…

Harry was about to argue when Louis waved his hand dismissively and told him to ‘just drive’. Sassy one.

-

Come on, Harry, I don’t want to get detention”, Louis whined when Harry parked the car in the school’s parking lot and couldn’t get his seatbelt undone.

Calm down, babe, I’ll talk us out of it.”

Johnson doesn’t like us”, Louis pouted.

No one can resist the smile”, Harry winked and he flashed Louis his most charming smile, dimples showing.

God, you’re cute”, Louis muttered and he took Harry’s hand, dragging him inside as soon as the younger boy had locked the car.

The hallway was empty and the two boys rushed up to their English classroom. Harry hated having Johnson first period. He’d given Harry detention at least ten times for being a few seconds late. Was it even allowed for teachers to give their students detention because they held a grudge? Probably not. But, with the excuse of being late, the teachers were allowed to give their students detention.

“You’re late, Mr Styles”, Mr Johnson smiled. He even seemed happy recently, to be giving Harry detention. And, as usual, he was completely ignoring Louis’ existence. Which, in this case, came in quite handy as he wouldn’t be giving him detention either.