XIV

Words - XIV

Harry was sure he'd never driven this fast before. He had to tell Gemma about what happened and she'd need to help him pick out an outfit for his and Louis' date. He couldn't possibly describe in words how happy he was Louis agreed on going on a date. He almost crashed the car twice and he had almost hit a pedestrian crossing the road (she'd flipped him the finger which he kind of understood).

It was a surprise he arrived home with all his limbs intact. "Gemma!" Harry yelled before he had even opened the front door.

"What's up, little brother?" she asked, leaning out the window upstairs.

"Get downstairs, I need your help", Harry said, fumbling with his keys and trying to open the door.

"Again", Gemma sing-songed and she closed the window. Harry heard her footsteps on the stairs as he opened the door and stepped inside. "Spill", the girl demanded and Harry knew better than to disobey.

"He agreed to go out on a date with me and he accepted the roses and the chocolate", Harry said and Gemma squealed very un-Gemma-ish. "So I need you to help me to pick a restaurant and an outfit."

Gemma gave him a look. "Only because you're asking so nicely."

-

Harry felt butterflies in his stomach when he rang the doorbell at the Tomlinsons' house that evening. "Hi Lou, how are you?" he asked politely when the older boy opened the door.

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks." Harry rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet as he awkwardly watched Louis put on his jacket.

"Are you just gonna stand there all night to watch me button up my jacket?" Louis joked and Harry was secretly glad Louis was joking again, albeit not full-heartedly.

"No, I was just stunned by how beautiful you are", Harry quickly replied and another silence fell.

"Thanks", Louis suddenly said and Harry looked at him in surprise. "You know, for the chocolate", he clarified. "I shared it with my sisters because Lottie's boyfriend stood her up and she needed some cheering up. Did you know that chocolate really cheers women up? Besides, I have always known he's an arse and no good for her. He's two years older than her, for God's sake!"

For a moment, Harry considered reminding Louis of the fact that Louis was also two years older than him, but he decided not to. "He stood her up? How very rude of him."

Louis nodded sadly. "She was gutted so I gave her a bar of the chocolate you gave me and of course, the other three also wanted some. You know, Fizzy is not exactly fond of you."

Harry chuckled. "She kind of told me that earlier today, yeah. Shall we go?"

Louis turned to look at him. "Go where?"

"On our date, silly."

Louis blushed faintly. "Right. Yes, we should go. Fizzy will have your head if I'm not back by ten."

"She'd murder me", Harry agreed. "Come on." He led Louis to his car and held the door open for him.

"Where are we going?" Louis asked and Harry smiled as he sat down in the driver's seat.

"That's a surprise", he answered.

Louis pouted. "You know I hate surprises."

Harry wondered how come Louis wasn't extremely mad at him. He should be. He should have smacked him in the face and punched him in the guts. But he didn't.