X

Words – X

“See what you’ve done!” Harry screamed, pushing the girl away harshly. He didn’t care about the guys-don’t-hurt-girls rule anymore. She’s hurt him and Louis both so it was only fair.

Kelsey widened her eyes dramatically. “What have I done?” she pouted.

“You know what you have done!” Harry screamed, spit flying around accidentally. He had never been so angry in his life. He was just about to hit her when he felt a hand on his shoulder and for a second, he thought it might be Louis who had realized it had all been one big mistake. But it was Ms Lynch.

“Harry, you need to calm down before you hit her and get suspended. Ms Grey, get out of my classroom.” Kelsey grumbled something before walking out, no doubt to tell this new gossip to her friends.

Harry tried to start a sentence five times before he gave up and collapsed in a chair. “I fucked up, Ms Lynch. I promised Lou I wouldn’t hurt him, that I wouldn’t run out on him and I broke both promises.”

“As far as I’m concerned, Harry, you didn’t break the last promise. You didn’t run out on him”, Ms Lynch said thoughtfully.

“I did in his opinion. I cheated on him with that bitch, excuse my French, which means to him I didn’t want him anymore.”

Ms Lynch smiled. “He’s been hurt before, Harry. He’s reluctant about letting people into his life.”

Harry gave her a look. “You sound as though you’ve witnessed this before.”

Ms Lynch nodded. “I was there when Niall punched that first boy in the nose, effectively breaking it. I was also there when Zayn screamed at the second boy and Liam had to hold him back, otherwise that one would have ended up with a broken nose as well.”

Harry frowned. He couldn’t remember Louis telling him about specific people who had hurt him.

“They didn’t tell you?” Harry shook his head. “I’m sorry Harry, but it’s not my story to tell. I know you’re curious and angry but it’s not my place to tell you. Don’t go after him for now. He’s too hurt and angry.”

“Harry Styles!” a voice screamed in the hallway. Both of them looked up to see Zayn storming into the room. “I’m going to kill you”, he growled.

“No, you’re not”, Ms Lynch said calmly. She grabbed his arm and held him back from lunging at Harry and breaking his nose. For such a small woman she was quite the strong one.

“He deserves to get his nose broken”, Zayn yelled. “He hurt Louis!”

“I know he did, Zayn, but you need to calm down and listen to him.” Harry had expected Zayn to react like this. To lash out on him and try to break his nose (or additionally, his face). He knew Zayn wouldn’t listen, blinded by the rage that came with Harry hurting Louis immensely. Liam would probably be the same but he had no idea about Niall.

“What’s there to tell, huh? He snogged Kelsey, probably fucked her too and Louis saw it happen. And now that bitch’s gone and told everyone about what happened and how the deaf boy was stupid for even thinking Harry was his. You’re lucky I didn’t punch your girlfriend in the face. I decided to come for you instead”, Zayn spat. He shook his arm out of Ms Lynch’s grip and straightened out his shirt.

“She’s not my girlfriend”, Harry whispered.

Zayn laughed humourlessly. “What’s she then? Friend with benefits? Fuck buddy?” Harry shook his head. “Whatever. You stay the fuck away from Lou or I will break your face and you’ll regret that you were ever born.”