XVI

Words – XVI

Lou? Lou, baby, what happened? What’s wrong?” Harry asked concerned, kneeling down next to Louis and holding him tightly. Louis kept sobbing. “Anna, who was that?”

“I don’t know”, Anna said with wide eyes. “Should I call someone for you?”

“Call Zayn, he knows what to do”, Harry said and he gently rubbed Louis’ back.

“Zayn will be right here with Perrie. They were around, apparently”, Anna told him about a minute later.

“Thanks Anna”, Harry said gratefully. “Zayn wouldn’t have picked up if I’d been the one to call him.”

“Oh, I’m sure he would have. Don’t be so hard on yourself”, Anna scolded him. “Come on, let’s get Lou in a chair; the floor must be freezing.” With some help from Anna, the two of them managed to get Louis up and curled up in Harry’s lap in a chair. The older boy still hadn’t calmed down.

“Haz, do you have any idea who that bloke might have been?”

“Why, do you fancy him? I thought you were with Niall.”

Anna wrinkled her nose. “No, God, I don’t want a bloke who’s been with Kelsey Grey, ew. And yes, I’m with Niall but I’m still wondering who he is and why he got Louis to cry like that.”

“You think it’s the guy that made him upset?” Harry asked with a frown on his face.

“Well, what else would it be? I mean, I don’t think seeing Kelsey Grey’s face makes him this upset”, Anna said, cocking her head to the side.

Harry kissed the top of Louis’ head. “Let’s just wait for Zayn before we come to the wrong conclusions.”

Anna nodded. “Seems like a plan. Do you want something to eat?”

“No, thank you”, he politely declined. “Do you want something to eat, Lou?

The sobbing had stopped by now and Louis was only letting out (very endearing, it has to be said) hiccupping sounds. “No thanks”, he smiled weakly.

Lou, sweetheart, what happened? What made you so upset?” Harry asked.

You called Zayn, right? He’ll explain”, Louis said absently, playing with the hem of Harry’s shirt. Harry kissed his cheek.

Yeah, Anna did. How do you know?”

My eyes do work, you know that, right? After years and years of practice you start recognizing your best friends’ names when someone says them. It’s called lip-reading”, Louis said sarcastically.

Well, Harry thought, at least Louis was feeling better, otherwise he wouldn’t be this sarcastic. The doorbell tingled and Zayn and Perrie stepped in.

“Styles, what did you do this time?!” Zayn said angrily.

“Believe it or not, it wasn’t me this time”, Harry said calmly. Yeah, he was agitated Zayn accused him but with arguing they weren’t getting any further. Louis stretched out his arms to Zayn as though he was a toddler and Zayn wrapped him up in a hug.

What did Harry do?

It wasn’t Harry, Z. It was Kelsey and-” Louis swallowed and Harry tightened his grip on the older boy’s waist.

And who, Lou?” Zayn pressed.

Tyler”, Louis managed and he buried his face in Harry’s neck. Harry was at a loss what to do. Who the hell was Tyler and why did he make Louis so upset? He didn’t get it.