VIII

Words – VIII

Today was the zoo date! Harry was really looking forward to spending his Saturday with Louis. And the lads, of course, but that was just a minor plus. They’d probably be off with the girls in no time, knowing Harry wanted to spend time with Louis.

Harry sighed and slowly got out of bed. He’d have to pick up the van Louis rented first. He took a quick shower and got dressed in black skinny jeans and a white button up, leaving the two top buttons open. He attempted to tame his curls and failed, before deciding to just leave it and he went downstairs.

“Good morning”, Anne greeted her son. “Do you want some cereal?”

“Good morning Mum. Yes please. You know we’re going to the zoo, right?”

Anne smiled. “Of course I do. How could I have missed that when you came home so happy and giddy because you were going on a zoo date with Louis?”

Harry blushed. “I wasn’t that giddy….”

“’F course you weren’t”, Gemma laughed.

“Shut up, Gem.” He pouted and took the spoon from his cereal, stuffing his face with milk and Weetabix.

“Harry, manners”, Anne scolded him.

“Yes Harold, manners”, Gemma teased, winking at him and leaving the kitchen with a granola bar in her hand.

“Where are you going, Gem?” Anne called after her daughter.

“Swimming pool with friends”, was her answer.

“Okay, but be home at six for dinner.”

“Sure thing Mum, bye! Have fun at the zoo, Haz!”

Even though the two siblings were always teasing and messing with each other, Harry knew he loved his sister. He didn’t know what he would do without her. She was there for him when he had a massive freak out about his sexuality, promising him everything would be alright and that he would find a lovely boyfriend one day. When he wasn’t such a loser anymore, she had added teasingly. Harry knew Gemma loved him unconditionally, no matter how many times she’d call him a loser or a no-lifer.

“What time will you be home, Harry?”

“I think about eight o’clock? I want to take Louis out for dinner.”

Anne nodded. “That’s okay. Have fun and be a gentleman to Louis.”

“I always am, Mum.”

“That’s my boy”, she laughed.

Harry kissed her cheek and grabbed his phone and wallet. He would walk to the garage where he’d pick up the van. “Bye Mum! I’ll see you tonight!”

“Bye honey, have fun!” Harry closed the door behind him and started the walk towards the garage. It wasn’t that far away from his house and it only took him five minutes. He quickly picked up the van (thank God Jay had rented the van on Harry’s name) and drove to Louis’. He honked and Lottie opened the door, waving at him.

“Louis will be down in a sec!” she called when Harry rolled down the window.

“Alright, thanks Lottie!” he called back. She waved again and went back inside, probably telling Louis Harry was waiting for him. Not too long after, Louis exited the house and slipped into the car, a shy smile on his face.

Hi Haz”, he said, buckling up.

Hi sweetheart, how are you?” Harry asked, hand squeezing Louis’ as he started the engine.