Chapter 1

"Ready to go?" Kaden asks as we stand at the gates of the palace.

"Ready as I'll ever be. You?" I reply.

"As ready as I can be, considering that I'm a sixteen year old tracking down my older brother with my twin sister," Kaden says as we board our plane with our guards.

"How have our lives changed so much in the last few days? I mean, less than a week ago we were playing a game of baseball!" I say.

"I know! One moment we're carefree teenaged royals, and the next, we're tracking down our brother because he eloped and now our family is in a huge mess," Kaden exclaims.

We take our seats. "At least we have a private plane so people don't pester us," I reason.

"True. Do you want to go over our plan?" Kaden asks.

"Sure. The flight will take a few hours, so why not use it to review and perfect?" I reply.

"Okay. First we'll go to the palace in France," Kaden starts.

"Then, we ask Queen Daphne where Ahren is, telling her that it's a serious family emergency that he deserves to know about," I continue.

"After, we find Ahren and explain to him about the mess he made," Kaden finishes.

"Okay. Wait, what's this thing stuck between the seats?" I ask.

"Let's see," Kaden replies.

Together, the two of us pull the mystery object out.

"It's a disc!" I exclaim, putting it in the DVD player.

A video of Dad comes up, singing to Mom after his Selection.

"Oh my gosh! That's so romantic of him!" I say.

"Wonder how Mom reacted. We'll have to ask later when we can turn phones on," Kaden tells me.

As if it was taking a hint, the sign that says that phones can be turned on lights up.

My cell phone immediately starts ringing.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Celeste! She woke up! Here, I'll let her talk to you," Eadlyn exclaims.

"Hello? Celeste?" Mom asks.

"Hi! Kaden and I are both here. You're on speakerphone right now. Can you wave Eady out of the room for a second? We need to talk about something," I say.

"Alright, she's outside. Where are you, anyways?" Mom asks.

"On a plane to France to find Ahren and tell him about the mess he made," Kaden replies.

"If Eadlyn asks, tell her we're in New Asia to attend a meeting," I add.

"On a random note, what was your reaction when Dad sang to you? Celeste and I found the video and we wanted to know," Kaden says.

"I was surprised that he knew how to sing, and amazed that he would do that for me," she answers.

I can hear someone talking to Mom. "Alright, I'll call you back later. I have some business to take care of," Mom says.

"Bye!" Kaden and I say.

"Finally, some good news," I tell Kaden.

"Yeah. At least we don't have to worry about that anymore," he replies.

"I'm going to take a nap or something. This is a pretty long flight, so might as well sleep," I say.

"Okay," he replies.