Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV

When I woke up, Gray wasn't there. Instead I found a rose made out of ice. While I was admiring the rose, Natsu stormed into the infirmary, raging with anger.

"How could you do that to Lucy?!"

I look down in shame. When I was about to say something, he started attacking me but I wouldn't hurt my comrade

"Fire dragon's roar! Fire dragon's wing attack! Fire dragon's brilliant flame!"

I was getting seriously hurt, normally I wouldn't get this damaged but I still hadn't recovered yet.

"N-Natsu...stop...I will leave the guild if you want. I'm sorry."

He left me along. I got up painfully and walked back to my apartment. I started packing and before I left, I wrote a letter to Lucy.

No one's POV

~1 day later~

"Natsu! Why did you do that to her?! You didn't even let her explain herself!" Lucy stated angrily.
"What are you talking about?" Natsu asked, oblivious to the whole situation.
"This."

She handed him the letter. It read:
Dear Lucy, I am leaving Fairy Tail. Natsu thought that I would continuously harm you and I didn't want him to continuously blame me. I'm terribly sorry about your arm. I'm glad that you know that I wasn't trying to hurt you. Hope we'll meet again soon.
Your 'friend', (Y/n)

"I-I didn't know...that hurting you wasn't her intention," Natsu exclaimed softly.

Gray walks into the guild and asks, "Has anyone seen (Y/n) anywhere?"

Natsu handed him the letter.

"Natsu! What the hell did you do?!" he yelled before running out of the guild.

(Y/n)'s POV

~1 hour later~

"Keep hitting her. We don't want her to be alive so she can keep hurting people," said the villager.

I was almost unconscious and really hurt. Their constant attacking was killing me. I couldn't deal with this anymore...

"Ice make lance!"

I could recognise that voice from a mile away. Gray picked me up and carried me back to Fairy Tail's infirmary. I was grateful.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry for what I did to you. I didn't know," Natsu apologised.
"It's fine."
"Here, take this as a token of my forgiveness."
"Thanks."

He left giggling...strange. It was takoyaki! I can't wait to try it...Omg, it was disgusting.

"Natsu!"
"Is something wrong?" Gray asked.
"Eat this for me."
"Uh...sure?"

He spat it out after taking a small bite. I just flashed him a cheeky smile when he asked what it was.

~A few minutes later~

"Gray, I'm going to sleep. You can go back home now."
"I'll stay here to watch over you. I don't mind."
"Thanks." I drifted off to sleep.