Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

I had just woken up but somehow I was all healed. After a while of contemplating whether to rest more or get up, I went down to the bar.

"Can I have a glass of lemonade please?"
"Sure," Mirajane replied with her 'famous' smile.

While I was sipping my lemonade, Erza came up to me. I almost choked on the drink from how serious she looked.

"We were wondering if you'll like to join team Natsu," she exclaimed.
"I'd love to. Can we go on a job today?" "Yeah, you can go pick one."
"How about this one? We just have to defeat a few giant monsters."
"Let's go."
"I'm all fired up!" Natsu said excitedly.
"Haha, Natsu we haven't even left the guild yet."

While we were leaving the guild, I heard people whispering 'is that the one that's called the desert rose?' or 'that's the desert rose, right?'

"If you don't mind me asking, who is the desert rose?"
"That's you, of course. You got that nickname after you defeated those demons. It represents how you're unique in your own way and your magic is beautiful. Also, you could be very dangerous," replied one of the villagers.
"But why aren't you scared of me?" "Well...we saw how angry you were when those demons attacked your comrades so we thought that you were actually good."

~On the train~

"I feel...sick," Natsu exclaimed while lying down.
"Eat this."

I gave him a piece of ice that had formed in my hand. He gulped it down immediately, without a second thought.

"I feel so much better. Trains actually aren't that bad. What did you give me?" he asked.
"I gave you my healing ice. Glaciana taught me how to do it."
"We're here," Erza exclaimed.

When we got off the train, the giant monsters immediately started to attack us. We quickly prepared to fight without hesitation.

"Requip! Heaven's Wheel! I'll take this one. You guys go defeat the others," ordered Erza.

Gray, Natsu and Lucy all went to the other monsters while I got the leader. The leader was bigger, stronger and scarier than his 'minions'.

"Earth make gripping ground! Ice make shining arrow! Fire make fiery dragon! Water make burning blades!"

When the dust cleared, the monster-like creature was still standing. It began throwing rocks at me so I used my reflector magic to distort them. I began to get serious and you will not like it when I got serious.

"Ice crystal dragon's death roar! Ice crystal dragon's death talons!" The monster was down.
"I didn't know that you were that strong. You might be stronger than me," commented Erza.
"T-thanks."
"Here's your reward. Part of this is that you will all be invited to attend the ball tonight," said the mayor of the village.
"Thank you," Erza replied.