Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

"Um guys, I'm just going out for a walk. I find it peaceful to walk on a night like this."
"Okay but be careful," Lucy replied.

I walked out. The breeze felt good against my skin. I headed to the small park and sat down. Suddenly, someone covered my eyes.

"Guess who."
"I know it's you, Gray, even though it's in a Natsu voice. I know your scent."
"Aww! I thought that would trick you. I went through all that trouble just to get Natsu to speak into this lacrima." He sat down beside me.
"It's beautiful," he said.
"Yeah, I know. I love looking at the stars like this."
"I wasn't talking about the stars."

Huh? I turned my head so that I could see him. I stared at hime while tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"I was talking about you."

*blush* Then unexpectedly, he kissed me. I hesitantly kissed back, making him deepen the kiss. When we pulled away, he was smirking at my blushing cheeks. I just pouted and leaned on his chest before eventually falling asleep.

Gray's POV

She looks so peaceful...After a while, I picked her up and carried her back to the inn.

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day at Domus Flau~

"Welcome back to the second day of the Grand Magic Games! Today the challenge will be a quiz game. There will a few questions for each player of each team and whoever is the first to answer and get it correct gets 1 point. The first competitors are Blue Pegasus's Hibiki Lates versus Fairy Tail's (Y/n) (L/n). Let the competition start!" Chapatic annouced.
"First question: A 10 foot rope ladder hangs over the side of the boat with the bottom rung on the surface of the water. The rungs are 1 foot apart, and the tide goes up at the rate of 6 inches per hour. How long will it be until three rungs are covered?" asked the pumpkin man.
"Never. The boat rises as the tide goes up," Hibiki replied.
"Correct. Second question: A is the father of B but B is not the son of A. How's that possible?"
"B is the daughter," I answered.
"Correct. Last question: A rooster laid an egg on top of the barn roof. Which way did it roll?"
"It didn't roll, since when did roosters start laying eggs?"
"Correct. The winner is (Y/n) (L/n)! Fairy Tail is in 4th place with 12 points! The next match is Demonic Soul's Hikaru Shimura versus Lamia Scale's Cheria Blendy. Let the competition begin!"

We waited for everyone to switch positions before the match started.

"Question one: A truck driver is going down a one way street the wrong way, and passes at least ten cops. Why is he not caught?"
"Because he wasn't driving, he was walking on the sidewalk," replied Cheria.
"Correct. Second question: An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow?"
"The smoke is blowing west," Hikaru answered.
"Incorrect. The correct answer is there is no smoke with an electric train. Last question: How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?"
"The egg won't crack the floor," said Cheria.
"Correct. Lamia Scale is in first place with 28 points! The next match is Sabertooth's Rufus Lore versus Mermaid Heel's Kagura Mikazuchi. Let the competition begin! Question one: How can you lift an elephant with one hand?"
"You can't since you won't find an elephant that has one hand," Rufus exclaimed.
"Correct. Question two: How much dirt is there in a hole 3 feet deep, 6 ft long and 4 ft wide?"
"None or else it wouldn't be a hole," Kagura replied,
"Correct. Last question: What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?"
"A towel," said Rufus.
"Correct. In first place is Lamia Scale with 28 points, in 2nd place is Demonic Soul with 20 points, in 3rd place is Blue Pegasus with 14 points, in 4th place is Fairy Tail with 12 points, in 5th place is Sabertooth with 10 points and in last place is Mermaid Heel with 6 points."