Chapter 11 - Mission

Dawn

After I left Lynn and her personal guard it wasn't hard to get outside. The guards weren't paying attention and playing a card game in their office. The ones that were outside guarding, took care of those with ease. The last one I brought into a prison cell taking his uniform, weapons and keys so I wouldn't be suspected when outside the building.

Outside the sun was still shining, but already going to a sunset, the closest headquarters was a few towns away and it was well guarded in this district. Walking through the crowd I put the helmet close so no one could see my face. This really does all sound pathetic, a girl with no training and a guard had to safe an Assassin. While they were even on the side of the enemy, does Lynn even know yet?

My eyes dropped to the ground as I thought about what my creed was planning to do to her family and mostly likely also her. A sad sigh escaped me as I walked through the crow not even bothering if I walked against someone. I was sad and mad at the same time, sad to know that I had to kill her father and possibly also her, mad that there is no other way unless I beg the masters to find one. I never had talked to the masters, let's stand even ask them something. each time they asked for me all they did was explain my target and why he had to be killed after that I would nod and leave the hideout.

There was one person at the hideout I could trust, Rahul an Assassin who traveled to Italy all the way from India. He was banished by his creed for not following their religion, which to me doesn't sound quite right. The creed is something on it's own, there are only three simple rules we all follow and of course the final sentence as in were we are free. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Rahul did not break either of the rules, whatever he did to get banished was his own choice and was permitted to do so. When you choose your path you have to live with what follows after your actions, but not like this. Luckily he knew about the creed being active here lately and the Templar's were as well, the perfect moment to show us what weapons they use in India.

When I was introduced to him as being our new personal smith I didn't show much friendliness and just threw my broken blade on his table. When walking back out he stopped me and introduced himself and asked about me, after a lot of pleading I talked and after a while we became friends. Sure he had great weapons, but I still preferred our own steel and weapons, which didn't mean I wouldn't visit him.

Walking to one of the ladders that lead to the underground tunnels, I made sure no one else saw me go down. These tunnels used to be Templar ground, until we cleared them out using a couple men. Now we used these to move unseen through the city and close to our hideouts. Thieves, Mercenaries and Courtesans their headquarter were more located in the dangerous part of the city, which lead to perfect distraction when you are in trouble.

Taking a torch from its stand I walked through the dark tunnels passing big rooms filled with stocks. There wasn't a sign of anyone else so I simply followed to were the air went, taking me to the East side of town. When putting the torch in a water barrel i started climbing up the ladder, my sword making a metal sound against the walls of the tunnel going up with every step I took. if only I had my own armor, but I didn't feel like leaving her without something to remind her of me.

It was hard being away from her and I knew it would be for a while since I need to go back to finding out more about the Templar's, mainly her father. The library in their house, I'm sure it holds more than we could see. With a sigh I got out placing the metal plate back on the tunnel walking down the street. Walking closer and closer to my headquarter I felt watched, a shadow could be seen a couple times thanks to the sunset.

Funny enough an Assassin jumped down a roof trying to assassinate me, but of course I was too fast and stepped aside tackling her to the ground. "Christina, could you not?" I asked her taking of the helmet making her eyes go wide as I had her pinned down by her arms.