Chapter 23 - Reunited

Dawn

It was hard to carry someone wanted around, but they hadn't noticed she was gone yet. Non of the guards in the prison were left to tell anyone of our escaped, they were all dead for that matter. "How is Sky?" I looked down at Lynn who was clutching onto my shirt with the little strength she had left.

The thought of my sister still being unconscious made me want to question what had happened between the two, but I decided to leave it for now. "She lost a lot of blood, but the doctor said that she should wake up soon." We had reached the window that I had used to climb inside, but I had to think on how to walk over the roofs with Lynn in my arms.

I slowly placed her on the ground, letting her lean against the wall as I looked outside. As soon as her back made contact with the wall she winced in pain. "I really need to get you to a doctor as well." I said concerned while picking her back up. "Listen carefully​, I need you to be able to stay on my back. As soon as we are far enough away from this place I will carry you back in my arms. Right now I need to make sure we don't fall off the roof."

Lynn nodded weakly as I turned around placing her arms over my shoulders. She grabbed onto her own wrists as I slowly lifted her legs behind, around my waist. I felt her head rest against my upper back and I was getting scared she might pass out too. "Hang in there..." I whispered before stepping outside the window, onto the roof.

There were no guards that had checked on the previous ones that were guarding the roofs, because they were all dead. "You really took them all out..." I heard Lynn whisper as her grip tightened a little.

I felt no regret for taking so many lives, they couldn't stop me from saving the one I loved. "I made sure no one would hinder us on the way back." I looked down at my right arm, good thing was that I had no long sleeves, otherwise they would be stained in blood. My hidden blade needed some serious cleaning after today. As for my sword, I left it hanging somewhere inside a body.

Lynn stayed quiet after that which made me panic a litte, but once I felt her move a little I was relieved she was just asleep. No one interfered in our escape and as soon as we were far enough I decided to search lower ground again. I didn't want to wake up Lynn so decided to leaver her on my back, she seemed comfortable enough.

It took a while before I found a ledge that didn't let me jump from too heigh, but once I did it didn't take long to get down. There were posters of Lynn her face hanging around the streets with the word "Execution" on, so I had to find a hood or something like that.

When we walked around the smaller streets people looked weirdly at us, but my blood soaked arm scared them off. It was best people didn't interfere at a time like this.

Lynn

"She will get better, make sure to keep the wounds clean." I heard voices around me, but I couldn't make out to who they belonged. My back was hurting badly, but I was laying on something soft. "Take care." A door closed which made my eyes open up.

There was panic in them as I looked around the room, but I wasn't in that prison anymore. Dawn rushed to my side shushing me as she saw the panic. "It's okay...you're okay." She kneeled down next to my bed holding my hand in hers. "No one will hurt you here." She reassured me. Her voice was really silent, as if she was afraid for something to happen.

When I took a better look around the room I noticed Hagan and Christina standing at the end of my bed. They also masked Dawn's concerned look and were wearing normal clothes, non of them had their uniform on. As I looked to the left I saw another bed, with Sky in it.

Dawn followed my gaze as she let out a deep sigh. I turned to look at her as she looked at our hands and then up to me. "Can you please tell me what happened back at the mansion?" Our eyes locked as she looked pleadingly at mine.

Of course she didn't exactly knew what had happened, but I thought she thought I had almost killed her sister on purpose. "I tried to find you, but I was attacked upon entering Sky's room." I had to pause for a minute since my throat was still hurting. "The smoke made it impossible for me to see, so I attacked my attacker. When I found out it was Sky, you had already arrived."

Dawn slowly nodded before looking over at my shoulder, the cut Sky had inflicted was still very visible. I noticed it had been stitched up, recently. "Don't worry about it, the doctor took a look at all your wounds." I looked at Christina who sat down at the edge of my bed.

"How bad are they? I couldn't see what they were doing..."

Hagan and Christina exchanged looks before both looking at Dawn, as did I. "Well...your back is fully bruised and open." She paused for a second as anger seemed to take over her eyes. "But, other than that nothing too bad." I was glad to hear that and rested my head back down on the pillow.

~ Five days later ~

I sat down on the bed while taking off my boots. Dawn had left to wash herself, leaving me to wonder around the house. She had taken me out for a walk, since I hadn't left the bed in the past days. It was still a bit difficult to walk around, but I was happy to finally leave that god for saked bed.

Christina and Hagan were back in business as they had secured most of the town so far. The assassin's who went down for a while had moved in her and they were building a new outpost. This time we were the ones guarding the roofs and the streets as we allowed no soldier to enter our terrain.

After placing my boots next to the door, I decided to go upstairs and check on Sky. She had been left alone for a while now, with just two guards guarding the door and one the window. They didn't stop me from entering the room and as soon as I opened the door I saw her sitting up.

I wasn't really thinking when I rushed over to her bed and enveloping her in a hug. "Grazie Dio, you're okay." I whispered tears escaping my eyes while I held onto her.

"What happened?" I felt Sky slowly hug me back, as if she wasn't sure what to do.

When I pulled back from the hug I could see the confusion in her eyes. "I.." It was hard for me to admit to my mistake, but I had to tell her the truth. "You attacked me back at the mansion, but I didn't know it was you and injured you badly. I'm so sorry, I didn't realize it was you." My simple crying had turned into heavily sobbing.

I couldn't bring myself to look at her as I placed my head in my hands feeling guilty about my deeds. Sky didn't say anything though, instead she pulled me back into a tight hug burying my face in her shoulder. "It's okay....you didn't know, I've hurt you too and I'm so sorry for that." Her voice told me that she was crying too now.

"Sky!" We both hadn't noticed that door was opened and before we knew it Dawn was also on the bed. "You're awake...you're crying...you're both crying?" Her eyes went from surprised to concerned and then to confused as she looked at our faces.

I let go of Sky allowing her to hug her sister instead as they really needed it. Sky seemed happy to see Dawn too and before Dawn could wrap her head around who we were crying, she was being hugged. "Don't just stare silly...I need a hug." Sky said laughing as she was still crying.

Dawn quickly wrapped her arms around Sky, but was more careful than I was. I was about to get off the bed, but felt someone grab my arm pulling me back. "No leaving, this is a group hug." Sky said pulling me even closer to the both of them.

Sky smiled at me and I returned it before looking at Dawn who was also smiling and even had tears rolling down her cheeks. "We all look like a mess." She said with a weak laugh before putting one arm over me as well.

"Hot messes." Sky added making us all chuckle.