Badlands Series ≫ Control

Part two out of fifteen

They send me away to find them a fortune. A chest filled with diamonds and gold
The house was awake with shadows and monsters
The hallways they echoed and groaned

Dean was awake in the bunker. Thoughts ran through his mind, mostly about you. Sure he could cure you from vampirism but you would mostly hate him. The least likely thing he would have thought that would happened that night was someone entering the bunker. Of course, not knowing who it was he grabbed his gun and held it securely in his hand.

"Don't shoot!"

You.

You stood with your hands up in the air. Dean looked at you, the only light he was able to see you was from the kitchen he was in pity eating pie. His face soften but his gun still aimed at you. There in the atmosphere was no evil no bad you just the same feeling that Dean loved. That excited vibe he got.

I sat alone, in bed 'til the morning
I'm crying, "They're coming for me"

"Please Dean, don't shoot!"

He lowered the gun and you let out a sigh of relief. You lowered your hands and sighs again. You looked at him sadly and of course he couldn't help himself. Dean wrapped his string arms around you. He felt how cold you were, once letting go the long hug. He saw that you looked like you haven't had any sleep.

"I'm human, Dean. Nog a vampire, I've been cured." You explained softly, Dean smiles, "but I have nightmares."

Dean frowned. Nightmares, he grew up having nightmares. From his mother dying, nightmares that had Sam in it wither killed or lost. Nightmares that Cas was either killing him or something related. Nightmares that you were dead in. They were horrible and honestly Dean understood, he understood you and how you felt.

"I didn't mean to do what I did at that party, I was angry and..."

"I know, (y/n), don't worry."

And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
My mind's like a deadly disease

You started to cry as you already had started to imagine your nightmare. You spilled everything to Dean because you knew Dean. Dean would help you, Dean would understand. Everything from start to end. Those horrid nightmares, rare hallucinations. Constant overwhelming feeling that something was going to happen. You felt jumpy.

"Dean... There's a bad side of me and a good side of me. I can't control the other side." You cried, "It says stuff to me. Bad things, like I have the urge to kill, the urge to hear innocent people scream for the lives, to beg. I have a needing feeling to see blood. I can't control it."

I'm bigger than my body. I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons. I'm bigger than these bones

Yes, you were strong. You were strong enough to balance the good and the evil within yourself, you are strong that you're able to restrain yourself from doing horrible things and stopping yourself from seeing the horrors.

But at times you would become cold. Cold hearted, like you didn't care. Like you hated the place that surrounded you. You became mean, rude. Teasing was a big part of the new you. Those stupid taunts and tease that makes the other person shiver. You loved that reaction because god you know it makes them afraid. It makes them scared, what can a small fragile girl do?

Oh many many horrible things.

And all the kids cried out,
"Please stop, you're scaring me"