Lucifer ≫ Best Thing

"Lu? What is the best thing that ever happened to you?"

Lucifer turned to look at you. The pair of you were relaxing on your roof looking at the stars, or how Lucifer says God's canvas, both of you admiring them, admiring their beauty. Lucifer had turn to look at you as you looked at the stars, he smiles at the question you asked. The innocent yet cliche question, who didn't love them?

Lucifer, surprisingly, had many great memories. Such as Gabriel being created, he had finally had a brother that would understand him that would be mischievous than be strict and boring like Michael. Lucifer had Gabriel to play with and to plan pranks in Heaven. That was a good memory, Gabriel was a cute fledging after all.

Or maybe was it Castiel when he was growing up? Castiel was adorable. Lucifer, Gabriel and Balthazar helped sweet innocent Castiel grow up. Lucifer loves his blue eyes and the pure innocent in them however that didn't really last... After all Castiel never actually remembers Lucifer because Lucifer fell before Castiel could remember.

Then there was his time on Earth, many different good memories that terrorised a few cities here and then. Like, World War 2 was great but he was on the losing side, also communist was good for a few years.

There was also that time when he met Nick. His vessel, the current vessel seeing Sam doesn't want to give his permission for Lucifer to enter his body. Lucifer took a liking for Nick. Nick was perfect in his eyes and he hated humans.

Nick was a drunk hopeless asshole with only a sassy attitude that gives him a bad reputation. Nick probably gave up on his life but Lucifer didn't. In fact Lucifer had grew to like Nick and protect him, well his body.

Lucifer, however, smiles at the sight. That person under his arm admiring his father's creation. He smiled at the smile planted on the person's face with such joy and awe. He smiles lightly the way the person's eyes lights up with such interest.

You.

You were the best thing that ever happened to you.

The way you both met. The way he was going to shout at you but stopped himself when he realise how cute you were, he found your redden cheeks and the constant apology repeated one after the other. He found it amusing how you fretted over a guy you never met. You fretted over the fact if he was injured, you put some random strange's life before yours? He never heard of that.

The second meeting was spectacular but it wasn't that grand. Just a warm autumn Saturday, you grabbed your coffee while you were about to reach for a bit more sugar someone else wanted to grab it as well. You looked to see Lucifer, a cheeky smile appeared, as he finally introduced himself and offered you to walk you home, promising you he wouldn't do anything bad.

The stupid dates you had. Those at the beach, walking down it. Laughing and both of you trying to push each other into the water. Those dates at the Cinema, where you were able to lean your head on his shoulder. A date at the amusement park where he was able to get you prizes, you where flattered and privileged. Those simple dates like at the arcade or bowling.

The first time.  First 'I love you.' The first kiss, hand holding and hug. The first time you found out he was an angel, which you were extremely cool about and he was thankful. The first time in the bedroom, also bathroom and oh don't forget the kitchen as well. The first time he had actually been in a relationship.

The little things, such as your laughter of pure joy. The inside jokes that makes you and him fall into a fit of giggles. The loving looks at each other when the other isn't looking. The look in between you two that basically states 'I am so lucky.' The silly faces you guys make and of course the teasing, the lip biting and the wink.

You

Yes you, you were the best thing that happened in his life.

"You, my kitten, you are the best thing that happened in my life and I wouldn't change it for the world."