Chapter 28

Jack's POV

It's been three months since Dean left.

And I miss him more and more each day.

I could tell Daniel did too, despite going to the counselling sessions every week and taking the antidepressants, he was still cutting. I've done everything I can to try and get him to stop, but it just doesn't work, but I refuse to give up.

"Daniel, wake up..." I muttered, shoving him lightly.

Yes, we shared a bed now, seeing as I didn't want to leave him alone in case he does it again.

He groaned in response.

I chuckled lightly, placing my arms around his waist gently, taking extra care not to touch the cuts on his hips.

"Daniel, come on... We have to go to counselling today."

"Why bother? It doesn't work." He said, turning his head to face me.

His eyes, once sparkling with happiness were now dull with the feeling of hopelessness. The dark circles under his eyes seemed more prominent.

"You have to give it time..." I said, pulling him closer to me.

This felt wrong.

It should be Dean in my arms...

Despite the feeling, I kept my arms there in the hope that it might comfort him in some way.

"I don't want to give it time. I just want my life to be over." He said, his voice sounded hollow. He moved his hand to his arm, clawing at the cuts there.

"Hey hey hey! Don't do that..." I said, putting my hand over his arm. He dropped his hand to his side, sighing.

"Sorry..." He muttered. "Do we have to go today? I just want to stay here..."

I smiled at him sympathetically, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm afraid so."

He groaned.

"It's okay, let's just take it a step at a time."

He nodded.

"Can you sit up for me?" I asked him, sitting up myself.

It took him a few minutes before he grabbed onto my hand, letting me pull him up.

"Well done." I smiled at him, getting out of the bed. "Now can you get up for me?"

I walked over to his side of the bed, offering my hand to him.

After a while of trying to convince him to, he eventually stood up.

I almost gasped when I realised how much weight he'd lost. His ribs were protruding through his skin and his arms were almost skeleton-like.

"Now what?" He sighed.

"Uhh... Here, get changed and then meet me downstairs." I said, handing him a bundle of clothes.

He rolled his eyes.

I quickly changed into my clothes and practically ran down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I scanned the cupboards, looking for anything that I could make for breakfast to try and help Daniel gain weight. I eventually settled on bacon pancakes before setting to work on making them.

As they cooked, my mind flashed back to the time me, Daniel and Dean made pancakes together, making me smile at the memory of throwing flour at Dean, I think that was one of the only times I'd been happy since James came into our lives.