Chapter 20 - Threatened

Previously:

''This is the last you will see of me''

She was already far away when the words finally registered in my head. Sharing a quick look with Luke, we quietly walked out with the distant memory of Sky. She had changed our lives, we thought we knew what danger and adventures were, well that was until we met her.

But I knew one thing for sure, this was not the end.

| | CHAPTER 20 : THREATENED | |

Kyle Collins

Today was exactly the two month anniversary since Sky had been gone. She was still gone and everyone were still asking about her. At first I understood their worry but now after constantly asking me where she were, if I had heard of her or if she was dead, even I was contemplating killing myself. This was driving me nuts, wherever I went or turned someone would come upfront and ask me. It made me angry how people who hadn't even known her or spoken to her, asked after her. Like mind your own damn business.

The worst one was my mother, she couldn't stop hoping that when ever I came home, Sky would be with me, laughing her ass off over my stupidity. She would cry and blame herself and now I don't even think you want to know what's she's up to. She made an Instagram account and all those other social media stuff that a kid definitely doesn't want her or his mother to have. She's been posting and captioning something new everyday, something that would get her back. She even created a search party and it's still going strong, now when the cops are involved. What surprised me the most was Mrs and Mr Kunis showing up at our door asking after her. They were helping my mother to find her, there hasn't been one single day of not seeing her parents and not one single day of me missing her.

You all are probably wondering how I'm dealing with everything. Let me just tell you, I haven't, everyone has and because of them I'm sick and tired. So I'm numb and probably anti social too because Jake and Luke stopped coming after the second week. I haven't seen them in school either and that's my own fault for avoiding them.

As for Nathalie she's completely happy and worried about Sky. Never in my wildest dreams would I had thought that she would constantly be asking about Sky, cause we all know they are not on good terms. Speaking of Nathalie, it always made me think back to the day when we were discussing the plan, and Nathalie asked Sky if she liked me. Her answer is bothering me day by day, ''does it matter?'', does that mean she likes me? Did she also mean that she was about to leave?

Feeling my phone vibrating in my pocket, I didn't bother to see who was calling before accepting.

''Hello?''

''Kyle Collins, I was hoping that this moment wouldn't come'' A husky voice spoke through the other end. ''Who's this?'' I mentally slapped myself for sounding so scared and lame.

''You have one week to bring Sky to us, location will be sent to you''

''Wha-a'' He didn't even let me finish.

''If not, we will come for you and your family'' He did not seem like someone to mess with.

''By the way I'm your worst nightmare''

The guy left my knees completely weak and my heart to thump rapidly and loudly, and he just hung up. The husky, creepy voice man hung up on me, Kyle Collins who's starting to sound like a girl.

The rest of the school day passed by quickly after that scary phone call. I was heading towards the car, knowing I had to tell Wade this even if I hadn't been in contact with him since Sky left. But every time you're in a hurry, something just has to come up.