She's cold as ice - Spin the bottle

Previously: 

How come even if it was awkward, that I still got small tingles by her touch. She even made the butterflies in me to wake up and kill me inside. My heart was shattering by her touch and my lungs was looking for oxygen like I was drowning. How come I felt so strongly for her when I barely know her that well?  

| | CHAPTER 6 : SPIN THE BOTTLE | | 

Kyle Collins 

6 AM on a Saturday and I couldn't sleep. I put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt as I went out for a run. Standing ready to jogg was no one other than Sky. She was wearing sweatpants, like me but with a sport bra. Her back was facing me as she put her dark hair up in a ponytail. I could see a bit of a scar down her waist when she stretched but nothing more. I was studying her petit body and the few little curves that made her so perfect and then suddenly she turned around. A cold look in her eyes as she glared at me. No words were exchanged, only silence till I spoke up. ''Would you like to run with me? I can shove you the neighborhood'' She was thinking about my offer before nodding and running out of the door. 

We were jogging side by side, the awkwardness from a few nights ago gone but no conversation was made. I wanted to show her the lake, that no one used to go to anymore. I played there very often as a kid and I felt like I wanted to show her a part of my childhood. We turned some coners before finally the trees disappeared and the bridge came to view. The lake was streaming beautifuly with the sound of some birds singing. Sky was watching the place with awe as she directly went to the bridge. ''I used to come here as a kid'' I said and she looked at me confused. ''why is no one here? It's so beautiful in it's own kind of way'' She was seeing the whole picture, imagining the place with kids and adult being here together. ''I guess no one remembers how it used to be here'' I spoke sadly as I looked at her. She had a frown on her face but when the rabbits came into view a smile quickly formed on her lips. It was hard not to look at her, she had this aura around her that made her so interesting. She had her walls but she could crack wide open in the right moments. I always found myself looking at her, like my eyes were glued to her. I wanted to be the one for her, the one she could open up to and be a part of her. I wanted to make her happy and see her smile so I could feel the warmth by it and discover why my heart was pounding loudly whenever I was near her. 

''let's go, I'm starving'' she said and we jogged to a little restaurant that I had never been in before. She walked in casually, like she was familiar with this place and took her seat by the window. ''Hello Sky'' a old lady greeted her as she looked at me. ''Oh, is this your boyfriend?'' My heart was starting to pound loudly and my cheeks were getting warm. Sky held a blanc face, not a single emotion on he face. ''No, Tricia, this is the son of the family I'm staying with'' she explained but the lady Tricia didn't seem to believe that. ''Are you sure Sky, I see some chemistry and you two would make a lovely couple you know'' I wanted to burry myself right now, this was getting to awkward for me. ''Thank you but no there's nothing going on between us'' ''Oh, you're wrong darling, this is young love'' she smiled at us two and winked at me knowingly. I felt my lungs getting weak and how my heart was trying to jump out of my chest. 

''Just give me the usual, him too'' and then Tricia was gone. ''sorry about that'' she said and looked at me. She then smiled and asked me ''why are you blushing?'' I didn't know what to answer and lucky me I didn't have to as Tricia came back with two hamburgers and coke. ''is this what you eat for breakfast?'' I asked her out of belief. She only shrugged her shoulders and took a bite. ''don't worry about her, she's been like this since a kid. One time she..'' Sky quickly cut her off by shooing her away. Tricia gave me a smile as I smirked at Sky. ''are you going to tell me what you did?'' I was smirking at her as she gave me a cold look. ''shut up'' she muttered and continued eating.