Casa De Cooper

EB was giggling excitedly as I pulled into Eli and Ashley's driveway. I parked next to a nice all black Ford Raptor that no doubt belonged to one of Eli's friends.

"Hurry mommy!" EB said as I was unbuckling his car seat. Once I got him out of it and on the ground he made a mad dash for the front door. I grabbed his book bag and followed behind, "Mommy can't reach!" EB said stretching for the door bell.

I laughed a little and picked him up letting him ring the door bell. I sat him back on his feet and he wiggled around eager to get inside.

Ashley opened the door and squealed pulling me into a hug, "God I missed you!" She exclaimed.

I hugged her back smiling, "I missed you too but I'm only 20 minutes away now." I said.

"What!? You moved, but why?" Ashley asked looking a little sad. I had asked my mom not to tell anyone and apparently she didn't.

"I'll explain later." I told her. She nodded and quickly scooped up EB.

"Hey lil Eli." Ashley said tickling him as we walked inside.

"LIL ELI!?" I heard my brother practically yell and the sound of his shoes on the floor, "Kat!" Eli said and picked me up hugging me as tight as he could.

I laughed, "I missed you too." I said looking at EB who was laughing at me and Eli.

"Big Eli!" EB said getting his uncles attention.

Eli put me back on my feet and took EB from Ashley, "Come on lil Eli, you can hang with the big dawgs like Cam." Eli said toting my son off to god knows where.

"BG!" I heard EB squeal and my eyes went wide, that's whose truck that is... That makes sense. All black. Duh Katie.

Ashley pulled me into the living room, "Spill it. Why are you back?" She asked.

I took a deep breath, "EBisn'tkris'sson." I said in one breath not looking at Ashley.

"Say that again slower." Ashley said.

I sighed, "EB isn't Kris's son."

"What!?" Ashley exclaimed, "Who's his father!?" She said.

"Shhh." I said making her quiet down, "I know who it is I just don't know if he'll want to be a father. I never said anything because I didn't have the heart to tell Kris but he found out and he left. I'm staying with Mama Becky until money starts flowing with my new job." I explained.

"Does Lil Eli know?" Ashley asked.

I shook my head, "I haven't told him yet. I will though." I said.

Ashley nodded, "That's good, are you gonna need a babysitter while you're workin?" Ashley asked.

"Are you offering?" I asked smirking.

Ashley laughed, "I am. Havin my favorite nephew here everyday to keep cam company would be great!"

"Where is my Cam bam?" I asked.

Ashley pointed in the direction of the man cave, "Hanging with the big dawgs."

I stood up, "I'm invading the man cave to go see my godson." Ashley just shook her head as I headed in the direction.

"Girl coming in!" I said opening the door without knocking. Everyone flung their heads around to look at me, "Hello fellas. I just wanna see my Cam bam." I said.

"Aunt Kat!" Cam said darting over to me and hugging my legs. I picked him up hugging him tight, "Lil Eli says you live with nana."

I nodded, "We do. Me and EB had to move back to Georgia. You get to see us everyday." I said wrinkling my nose a little.

Cam laughed a little, "I like that."

I nodded, "Me too." I said putting him down, "Am I intruding or can I stay for a minute?" I asked.

EB spoke up, "You stay mommy." He said patting the spot beside him. I laughed a little and sat down. I finally looked over at Brantley and he had a faint smile on his face.

I raised an eyebrow, "You look different."

Brantley chuckled, "So do you."

"I hope so. The last time you saw me was right after I had EB." I said.

Brantley nodded, "Yeah, I haven't changed much just bigger arms and more tattoos."

"A LOT more tattoos." I said correcting him.

EB tapped my arm and I looked over at him, "I have tattoos like that when I big."

I shook my head, "We'll see."

I sat there talking to Cam and EB while Eli and Brantley talked. Ashley had come in and joined us but she was hopping between conversations.

My phone rang so I looked and to no surprise it was Kris. When he found out I was moving back to Georgia he tried to get me back and say he was sorry. It just wasn't what I wanted anymore. The secret about Elijah was out and I wanted to tell his father. It would just complicate things with that if Kris was in the picture.

"Hello." I said answering my phone and exiting the room.

"Are you in Georgia yet?" Kris asked.

"Yeah. We're at Eli and Ashley's." I told him.

"Is that where you're living?" Kris asked. I hadn't told him where I was staying just because I didn't feel like he needed to know.

"No, just visiting." I told him.

"Why won't you just tell me where you're staying?" Kris asked aggravation clear in his voice.

"It's not your business truthfully. You left me." I said folding my free arm over my chest.

I heard him sigh, "Katie I was just shocked. I have been there from day one since you told me you were pregnant. You cheated on me and hide this huge secret from me. I reacted on impulse. I'm sorry."

"You walked out Kris. We fought and the next day after I came home from getting EB from daycare you made me give you the ring back. You made me and EB get out. You don't get a second chance from that." I said honestly. I'm not going back nor will I go back knowing how he feels about EB not being his.

"I was pissed Katie! I've said I'm sorry a million times. What more can I do?" Kris asked.

"You can just stop! EB knows you and I broke up. He's excited to be living here in Georgia. I'm not coming back so you can just stop." I said hanging up the phone and sighing. I didn't know why Kris was so worried about EB and I coming back now. He was the one who told me that we had to leave. So that's what I did. I packed up mine and EB's things and came home.

"You good?" I heard Brantley ask but I wasn't ready to answer yet so I stayed quiet, "I heard what you said. I wasn't eavesdropping, I was coming out to smoke." He explained.

"I'm good." I said brushing past him and walking inside. I didn't feel like talking about it and I knew Brantley would only bring it up if we were alone so I got out of that situation.
-
It was close to 9:30pm when EB and I left Eli and Ashley's house. Brantley ended up following me back to his mama's house saying he wanted to see her one more time before the day was over. I didn't stick around to chat after walking inside, I had a grumpy, tired little boy to put to bed.
"I say night night to BG and nana?" EB asked.
I smiled, "You can say goodnight." I told him. I followed EB down the steps and into the living room.
Elijah climbed in Brantley's lap completely interrupting his conversation with mama Becky, "Goodnight BG." Elijah said hugging him. Mama Becky awed at them when Brantley hugged EB back.
Elijah slide out of Brantley's lap and went right to mama Becky and climbed in her lap next doing the same thing he did with Brantley.
"You goin to bed too?" Brantley asked lookin in my direction.
I shook my head, "Not yet. Why?" I asked.
Brantley shrugged, "Come down and talk when EB's out." Brantley said.
I shrugged, "I might." I said walking back up the stairs with EB. We did our nightly routine and I waited on EB to fall asleep before I got my pajamas and walked to the bathroom dead set on taking a nice long hot shower.