Nice To Meet You

*Katie's P.O.V*

I had just pulled in Brantley's driveway and sighed. I was really tired after being off for two weeks and then going back. I had already taken my heels off after work and didn't feel like putting them back on. I got out of my SUV and walked up to the door, I know Brantley I don't have to knock. I walked right inside, "Brant!" I called out.

I didn't get a response so I padded through the house before I was meet by some girl, "Oh." I said stepping back a little.

"Who are you?" She asked all snarky like.

"Katie. Who are you?" I asked with the same attitude.

The girl shifted cocking her hip to the side, "Brantley's girlfriend." She answered.

I tried to hide my shocked look, "Mommy!" I heard EB yell and I turned around just in time to catch him.

"I missed you baby boy." I said hugging him tight.

He giggled, "I missed you too mommy." He said.

I placed EB on my hip, "Where is BG?" I asked.

EB pointed to the steps, "Upstairs." I completely ignored the girl and walked right up the stairs to find Brantley.

"Brant!" I called out again.

"In here Kat!" I heard him say. I walked into the room and he had guitars and notebooks laying around.

I sat EB down and took a seat on the couch,  "Thank you for watching him." I said.

Brantley looked up at me, "It was no problem. He was great. We took a nap and watched cartoons, ate lunch, played guitar. It was a good day." He said.

I smiled,"I'm glad you had fun."

"I stay BG tomorrow too." EB said looking at me.

I shook my head, "No, you gotta go to Aunt Ashley's tomorrow." I told him.

EB folded his arms and got a mean look on his face, "BG." He mumbled.

"Not tomorrow. Maybe another day." I told him. EB growled and looked at Brantley.

Brantley shrugged, "He can stay with me tomorrow. I was going to Ashley and Eli's anyway."

I glared at Brantley, EB can't always have his way, "Thanks a lot." I said.

"I stay BG." EB said smiling.

I just shook my head. My phone was vibrating in my pocket so I took it out and looked, it was Kris.

"What?" I said answering it.

"Can we talk?" Kris asked.

"About?" I said.

"Some things. I haven't told my parents and you know my mom's birthday is this weekend." Kris said.

I sighed, "You'll just have to tell them." I said.

"You're really going to do that?" Kris asked.

"Yes. I am." I said getting up and walking out of the room.

"You're such a bitch! My parents love EB and I love him too." Kris yelled.

"I know but we can't pretend anything Kris! We aren't together anymore."  I heard Brantley's foot steps come up behind me.

"Just for her birthday. That's all I'm asking and then I'll stop. I'll be out of your life." Kris said.

I sighed, "No. I'm not going to confuse EB like that."