Avoiding Me?

Since the softball games I've been avoiding Brantley and pretty much everyone in general. I just feel like everyone knows now and that freaks me out. Miss Becky has been trying to comfort me and she really does help but all I want to do is be cuddled up with EB. He makes everything okay just by smiling at me. The alarm on my phone started going off and I had no idea why. I picked up my phone and read the note on my alarm "First Day of Work" Oh shit! I jumped out of bed and got in the shower. I took a quick shower and got myself ready before going into EB's room and waking him up.

"No mama." EB whined.

I sighed, "Baby come on. Mama can't be late for her first day at work."

EB just rolled over and stayed under the covers. I sighed in frustration, Kolby was already at work, Mrs. Becky is leaving for work, and I can't be late, "Elijah Brantley Cooper you need to get out of this bed or no dessert for you tonight." I threatened but there was no use he wasn't getting up. I sighed heavily and went back to my room and picked up my phone. I dialed Brantley's number and reluctantly pressed call. I was beginning to think he wasn't going to answer.

"Hello?" Brantley answered sleep evident in his voice.

"I need a favor.." I said biting my lip.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"I start work today and I can not be late. Will you please come over and stay with EB until he gets up? You can take him to Ashley's when he wakes up. Please Brantley?" I asked half begging.

"I don't know. You've been avoiding me since the ball fields." Brantley said sounding a little more awake now.

I sighed, "I'm sorry. It'd be easier for you to understand if you knew everything that happened between me and Kris but please just do this one thing? Please please pleasssseee?" I begged.

The phone was silent for a few seconds, "Alright but you owe me." Brantley said.

"Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you!" I said.

"You're welcome. I'll be there in five minutes." Brantley said before he hung up.

I put my phone down and went downstairs to make Brantley a cup of coffee. He likes his coffee like he likes his clothes; black but I always put one spoonful of sugar in it. I put some bread in the toaster and waited. Just as I was buttering the last piece of toast Brantley walked through the door. I walked over to him with his coffee in one hand and his plate of toast in the other, "I wish I could make you a better breakfast but I'm already running late." I said with a small smile.

Brantley shook his head, "Thank you now get to gettin before you really are late." He said taking his coffee and plate from me.

I grabbed my phone and headed out the door, "Shit it's cold!" I said shivering a little.

"Jacket in my front seat." Brantley called out from the doorway.

I waved my hand at him so he would know I heard him. I grabbed his jacket and put it on before getting in my SUV and headed to work.

~Brantley's P.O.V.~

I wasn't going to take EB to Ashley's. I can take care of him for a day. I had to go get Jana from the airport anyhow. She was coming to Georgia for two weeks before she had to start her tour. I sat down at the kitchen table drinking my coffee and eating my toast. I had a text from Jana.

Jana- One hour❤️

I smiled a little, she does make me happy but I just don't think I'm in it anymore. I haven't told her about Katie not for any particular reason really. I sent Jana a text back and got up putting my plate and cup in the sink. I walked upstairs to check on EB, his room was my old room. He was snoozing away with a big stuffed Spider-Man in his bed. I looked around the room and saw a picture of EB and Kat. He must of only been a few weeks or a month old tops. Kat was kissing his nose and he had on the Harley Davidson beanie I had gotten him. I smiled thinkin back to when Eli told me that Kat was pregnant. I was pissed but I was happy for her. I knew that's what she really wanted. She didn't want to go to college and become some big success. She wanted the simple life of being a mom and working a job that didn't take all her time.