Why Didn't You Tell Me?

{A/N: I know that's Brantley and Amber but we're going to pretend it's Katie and Brantley. No disrespect towards Amber or Brantley.}

I had just got home from getting EB and Brantley's truck was in the driveway. Just wonderful. EB and I walked inside and he went right to Brantley.

"BG! Mommy said you was busy today." EB said hugging Brantley.

Brantley looked at me, "I was. I'm sorry little man." Brantley said hugging EB back.

"It's Otay. You busy tomorrow?" EB asked.

I didn't say anything I just watched, "Yeah bud. I promise we will hang out again soon. Why don't you go find nana so I can talk to your mama for a bit?" Brantley said setting EB down on his feet. EB nodded and headed upstairs to find Miss Becky.

"If it's about Jana I'm not sorry. I said what I needed to." I told Brantley setting my stuff down.

He shook his head, "It's not. It's about the magazine stuff." Brantley said sitting down at the table and motioned for me to sit too.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Brantley was looking down, "It was me. I was the source. When my manager told me about it all I let it go on for a few days because I didn't want people to think I was that caught up in the media because I'm really not. I didn't tell you because I didn't think you would end up involved in it." Brantley said looking up at me.

"You should have told me. EB is my son and his face is everywhere and people that I don't even know are driving me crazy on any form of social media they can get to me on." I told him.

"I know I should have but that's not all of it." Brantley said trailing off.

I looked at him, "What's the rest?" I asked.

He sighed, "My manager thinks I should get a DNA test because fans think that EB and I look alike."

I just knew all the color drained from my face. I mean I could look at EB point out certain features but I didn't know other people could, "What did you tell him?" I asked trying to keep my cool.

Brantley shrugged, "Do I have a reason to?" He asked.

"Is that what you told him or are you asking?" I asked.

"That's what I told him but should I be asking?" He said looking right at me.

I didn't say anything. I didn't have any words. This isn't how I wanted to tell him and I'm not going to tell him like this. Please let me be a good liar today, "No. Why would you even think that?" I asked trying to sound offended.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I don't want to argue with you since that seems to be all we've done since you got back." Brantley said.

"What happened to us?" I asked and then covered my mouth. I didn't mean to say that out loud.

Brantley studied my face, "Truthfully, we happened to us. You were ready for something I hadn't even began to dream of. I just wanted to be a rowdy biker and you wanted a stable home. We were in different places and things just weren't working."

I just stared at Brantley, he had never actually opened up like that before. He started taking his wallet out of his back pocket and I had no idea what he was doing until he pulled out a picture and sat it on the table. I picked it up and just stared in awe at it. He had kept this picture for so long.

"I kept it hoping you would come back. I don't know why I hoped that for so long. We were never a couple all we did was hook up and have fun but I always had that small ounce of hope you would call me up and tell me to come over but then when Eli told me you were pregnant all that shit went out the window and I don't know why but I could never throw that away." He said opening up again.