Going Home

~*Brantley's POV*~

I was about to leave the house and pick EB up from Ashley when I heard Jana on the phone. I stopped and waited for her to be done.

"You're going home?" I asked when she walked out of the kitchen.

Jana jumped a little, "Yeah, my sister got put on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy and needs my help. I'm sorry baby."

I nodded, "It's okay. I'll come see you when I'm done working with Colt on this stuff."

"No, you need to be here with Eli. He'll miss you too much. Stay and be a good daddy." Jana said.

I didn't know how to take that so I just nodded, "When are you leaving?"

"Tonight. I want to say bye to Eli since he seems to be the only one who even kind of likes me." She said folding her arms.

"Mama likes you and so does Kolby. My dad didn't get to talk to you much so I honestly don't know about him." I told her.

Jana shook her head, "Kolby only likes me because he's your brother and your mom likes me because I make you happy. I know how they feel and they have that right. I was very rude to Katie, someone they consider family."

I wish she was wrong but Kolby told me he doesn't like her and my dad purposely didn't talk to her. Mama didn't say anything other than to follow my heart, "I have to get EB. Are you going to stay here?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yeah. I wanna pack. You and EB should go out for a little. Spend some quality time together." Jana suggested. For some reason that didn't settle right with me but oh well.

"I can take him out for lunch. Do you want me to pick you up something?" I asked.

She shook her head, "I'll just eat something here."

Whatever. I'm just gonna leave before I get too suspicious, "Alright baby. Well, I love you and I'll see you when I get back." I said and gave her a quick kiss.

"I love you too Brantley." She said as I was walking out the door. I got in my truck and sent a text to Ashley letting her know I was on my way.

When I got there I saw Cam and EB playing in the front yard and I smiled. My godson and my son playing together, definitely something to remember.

"Daddy!" EB yelled when he realized I was here.

I smiled again, "Hey Bubba! You havin fun?" I asked him.

He nodded his head so fast I thought it was gonna fall off, "Lots and lots! Stay longer?" He asked.

I thought about it for a minute, "I don't see why not. I'm gonna go talk to Aunt Ashley. Be good." I told him and held my fist up.

"I be good." He said bumping his first with mine and running off.

I walked in the house, "Ash!" I called out.

"Kitchen B!" She called back.

I walked in the kitchen and stepped back for a minute, "Katie? Where is your SUV and why aren't you at work?" I asked.

"Funny story." She said and cleared her throat, "I got run into after I dropped EB off here. Ashley came and got me and I called out."

"Are you okay!?" I asked slightly panicked.

She nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just hurt my shoulder and a seat belt bruise. I've been here all day."

"What hit you?" I asked.

"A big black Chevy and they kept going. They were going at least 60 in a 20." Katie said.

I shook my head of the bad thoughts, "At least nothing bad happened and EB wasn't with you." I said.