Seriously?

((A/N: So as Kris I'm using Kris Bryant but he doesn't play baseball in this, he's just a normal guy.))

It has been a long week, EB went with Brantley everyday but yesterday and today. I got off early so I'm headed to Ashley's to pick him up. Kris has been bugging me none stop about his mom's birthday, I do love his parents and they love EB. Maybe we could just go for dinner and then come back in the morning. I'll have to ask EB how he feels about it even though I'm sure he'll be more than happy to go. Sunday Miss Becky is having a huge dinner. She invited everyone Keith, Kolby, Brantley, Jana, Me, EB, Cam, Eli, and Ashley. I told her I'd help cook and get everything ready but she declined. I sighed pulling into Ashley's driveway, I am so ready for a nap. I walked inside and heard the boys playing, what they were playing I couldn't tell you.

"Hey." I said sitting at one of the bar stools in the kitchen.

Ashley turned around, "Oh hey. You're here early." She said.

I nodded, "It was really slow today so Phil let most of us go early."

Ashley walked over and leaned on the counter, "So, girl talk, Brantley and Jana were here last night. She mentioned meeting you when you just walked into Brantley's house."

"And?" I asked not sure what she was getting at.

"Was she a bitch? Was she welcoming? Details!" Ashley said.

"She was.. She wasn't really a bitch but she made herself known. She didn't introduce herself by her name when I asked." I said.

"Who did she say she was?" She asked.

"Brantley's girlfriend. It was like I was some kind of intruder." I said.

Ashley nodded, "She's possessive and I guess she thought that I didn't like you because when it was just her and I she said "I don't know if I like Brantley watching Katie's son." When I asked her why she told me because he has the picture of you and him on homecoming night in his music room."

"I was in there Monday and I didn't see it." I said thinking back.

Ashley shrugged, "I don't like her. She just doesn't seem like someone Brantley could be truly happy with."

I just nodded not really knowing what to say, "You look really tired Kat." Ashley said looking at me.

"I am. Kris has been bugging me about coming to his mom's birthday dinner on Saturday. I'm thinking about going, his parents are so nice and they love seeing EB." I told her.

"Do you really think that's good for lil Eli? I mean I think he's just starting to used to Kris not being around." Ashley said.

I sighed, "I know but it's hard to just cut him out. I loved him and part of me still does. EB still calls him daddy when he talks about him." I told her.

"I'm not going to tell you what to do because you're a smart girl and you do the right thing for the most part. You'll figure it out." Ashley said with a smile.

"Ash I hate to ask this but can you please watch EB for an hour so I can take a nap? One hour I swear." I begged.

Ashley looked at me and rolled her eyes, "You don't have to ask. Him and Cam are keeping each other busy. Since I know you're like your brother and like it cold when you sleep I suggest the man cave."

I stood up and walked around the counter and hugged Ashley, "Thank you. I owe you."

She laughed, "No you don't. Go get some sleep." She said shooing me off.

I walked to the man cave and laid on the couch. I scrolled through Twitter and Instagram before falling asleep.

"Kat. Kat wake up." I heard Brantley say. Wait Brantley!? I shot up and looked around, "Whoa. Easy. You're alright." He chuckled.