Chapter 40

Bria's P.O.V.

I woke up in a cold and empty hospital room.

My baby bump was gone...

I slowly began crying.

I covered my face and looked down.

No... My baby..

Kayla's dream...

"Baby your up!" I heard Kayla shout as she walked in. "Why are you crying?" She asked walking over to me and started cleaning my face. "Where's- where's --" I stuttered then Alex walked in with a baby carrier.

"Cousin your up!" He said.

"You wanna meet your son?" He asked putting the carrier on my bed. I silently nodded as I tried to hold back my tears. My baby. He made it!

"Here you go." Kayla said opening the carrier to a beautiful baby boy.

"Meet your son Jeremiah Alec Rodriguez. " she said handing me my son. "He's so tiny.." I cried as I took him from her.

"Hi baby." I told him.

"How old is he?" I asked. "3 weeks." Kayla replied. "Oh.." I said.

"Where's my other babies. " I asked. "In the waiting room . " Alex told me. "Can you go bring them to me?" I asked Kayla.

She nodded and leaned in to kiss me on my forehead. "I missed you so much. " She mumbled. She then kissed my lips and walked out.

"So give me the facts cousin." I said looking down at my baby.

"You got shot really close to him. You were losing a bunch of blood and he had to come out pronto. So they did an emergency c-section, but you were still bleeding alot. We didnt think you were gonna make it. Youve been in a coma for 3 weeks and the kids have been staying with Alana and Junior the first week. Kay's mom the second, and me this last one.

I was coming to visit so I just decided to swap the kids back to her today. " Alex told me.

"and how has Kayla been doing. " I asked looking at him this time.

"This is the first time people have actually seen her out the house and sober. " He replied.

I looked at Miah. My little miracle . He was born 3 months early.

"Is Miah okay?" I said. "He was born without his lungs fully developed so he was in the hospital alot. Thats kinda why I brought him in here, he barely got discharged. " Alex said.

"Momma !!" I heard my twins shout running in the room. "Babies !" I said happily as they climbed on my bed.

"I miss you momma." Jermaine said laying on my stomach. Jhene snuggled under my arm. "Me too mommy." She said. "Momma missed you guys too." I responded.

"Is this my baby brother?" Jhene asked. I nodded . "Yeah guys. " I said.

"He's so cute ! I can't wait to tell my friends at school momma." She said. "Can we hold him. " Jeremy asked. "Sure guys ask daddy to help." I said.

Kayla pulled up a chair and Jhene was first.

She went to wash her hands and then came back . She sat down and Kayla carefully handed her Jeremiah. I had Alex take pictures.

"He's really light momma. It's like a pillow." She said. I smiled and nodded . Then Jermaine was next.

He went to wash his hands and came back . Kayla passed him Jeremiah as softly as she did to Jhene.

Except this time Miah started smiling and giggling. "Look momma ! Look! He likes me !!" Maine said getting excited. "He does." I said as Jhene climbed back into bed with me. She snuggled in my arms.

"Please dont leave me like that again mommy." She said into my chest.

I looked down at her and kissed her forehead. "Never again baby." I mumbled.

****

1 WEEK LATER

Bria's P.O.V.

I got discharged out the hospital 2 days ago. They say I needed to be on bed rest, but that's really hard to do with a newborn and twins.

I was currently sitting the kids down to get the energy the got out of them.

But when I did that I had to turn to go get a fussy Jeremiah.

Then when i got a fussy Jeremiah the twins got back up.

And where was Kayla? Hell if I know.

"Alright !" I shouted. "Thats enough" I said. They looked at me. "Nap time , right now for everybody. " I said. The kids groaned, "But mommmaaaa." "But momma nun, upstairs. Let's go." I said making a motion to go upstairs.

I had Miah in my hand and I was gonna put him down for a nap to.

I put Miah in his crib first, he was still fussy so I put a binky in his mouth for now before I fed him.

I went in Maine's room to tuck him in. "Sleep tight bubba." I said kissing his cheek. I went to Princess' room and did the same.

I walked into my room and pulled Miah out his crib. I got comfortable in bed and began breast feeding him.

I was pooped and my dear beloved stubby was nowhere to be found.

****

Hey peoples

Sorry for the wait but Ive been writing the third book. Its not published yet cause this one isnt overbut yall gon love it.