Chapter 5: Phone Calls

|Briana's P.O.V|

How did the find me? Did they follow me here, all the way to Virginia? Was running through my mind.

Dwayne was my ex boyfriend, he was abusive, controlling, and all he wanted was sex. When I didn't give that to him, he went crazy. One night, after he came from a party, he came to my house looking for sex and I could smell alcohol on his breath. His body was hovered over me, until I slapped him really hard and he left. Ever since that night, him and his bestfriend, Reggie, have been after me.

Reggie was really all that bad, he was cool sometimes, him and I used to be really good friends, but then he just became another version of Dwayne. Reggie doesn't have a mind of his own, he does whatever Dwayne tells him to do. Reggie is Dwayne's puppet, if Dwayne says jump, Reggie says how high.

Then I was knocked out of my thoughts, when I got a phone call. Forgetting to look at the caller ID, I picked up instantly.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, sexy. You miss me?" A deep familar voice said, but I didn't know who it was.

"Who is this?" I replied.

"You know you can't forget me." He said then I instantly remembered who it was.

"Dwayne?" I questioned, even though I already knew it was him.

|Chris' P.O.V|

It was 11:32 and I was so excited, I finally got the girl I've been wanting since the first day of school. But, I was also bored at the same time. Mama was on her iPad, Christen and Christina were playing the wii, and I was laying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Then it came to me, call my girlfriend.

I called her number and she picked up on the third ring.

|Briana's P.O.V|

"Uh, hold on Dwayne, someone's on the other line." I switch the line before he could reply. I was so happy that that person called because I was able to stop talking to Dwayne.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, big head." He said and a small smile formed on my face. It was Chris.

"Hey, ugly."

"I am not ugly, I'm beautiful." He said in a girly voice. I had no choice, but to laugh at his goofiness.

"Yes, you are beautiful, Chris."

"Thank you!" He said in that same girly voice. The conversation grew silent, considering we had nothing to talk about.

"Chris?"

"Yeah?"

"We should go out on a date... You know, since we haven't been on one yet..."

"Yeah."

There was an awkward silence. I looked down to see if he had hung up, and to my surprise he didn't.

"Chris?" I called his name again.

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to ask me out on a date?"

"Oh, yeah... Briana, my girlfriend, will you please go on a date with me?"

"Of course I will!"

"Okay, so tomorrow at 7 o'clock, I'll pick you up."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night, beautiful!" I said using the inside joke from earlier in conversation.

"Good night, sexy!" He said and I smiled and blushed. And with that, he hung up and so did I. I didn't switch back to the line that Dwayne was on because I was too excited about Chris and I's date. I pulled the phone down to my chest. Gripping it tighter, I smiled to myself.

Chris and I might work out as a couple.

|Chris' P.O.V|

To be honest, I think that Briana and I could be together for a long time.