Chapter 18: Telling Him

|Chris P.O.V|

It's been a week since Briana and I got back together. She's not the same. She's been distant, she stares into space, and she always look like she thinking about something.

While I was at the studio, she called me saying she was going to the grocery store, so I took that as my chance to find out what's wrong with her.

I drove to her apartment and grabbed to spare key. I opened the door and started to look around. I didn't find anything I was looking for so I sat down. When I sat down on her bed, I felt something hard underneath the mattress. I lifted the mattress to see what it was, when I found a notebook. Not any notebook, the notebook I wanted to see last week, but she wouldn't let me. I opened it and began reading.

|Briana P.O.V|

As I'm walking down the cookies aisle in Walmart, I accidentally pushed my buggy into someone else's buggy.

"Oh, I'm sorr-" I stopped mid-sentence when I noticed who I bumped into.

"Hey Briana!" She was excited to see me, but I wanted to punch the shit out of her.

"Hey Kenaysha." I tried walking past her, but she grabbed my arm.

"You're pregnant too?" She pointed to my small baby bump. I looked down and noticed she was pregnant. That's when I got mad.

I guess she realized. "Are you still mad at me for having sex with Chris?" I just glared at her. "Well, that was only business. Bye!" She walked off.

What the hell does she mean "business"?

|Chris P.O.V|

I was reading a bunch of poems about Briana's father, until I came across some about me. I'll admit, I was hurt. Then I heard the jingling of keys at the door. I quickly put the notebook back and sat on the bed.

Briana walked in and looked at me suspiciously.

"I-"

She raised her hand to cut me off.

"Don't worry about it." I got up to kiss her but she turned her head.

I looked at her and smiled, and she pushed me out the way and sat down.

"I need to talk to you."

|Briana P.O.V|

I have to tell him. Now.

"Sit down." I patted the spot next to me. He sat down and looked me in my eyes. I was about to cry. How do you tell someone you love something that's going to hurt them.

He noticed I was about to cry and pulled into him and I cried in his chest.

After about five minutes, I got myself together and he wiped my tears.

"Chris... I have something important to tell you.

"Okay."

"I've been thinking a lot lately and I've been considering putting the baby up for adoption..."

He didn't respond.

"Chris, say something please." I started to tear up again because I knew he was going to respond this way.

Then, he spoke.

"When we were longer, you would tell me stories about how you pretended your dolls were your kids. You said you always wanted a baby." He said. "Now you got one, so why the hell would you give it away?" He yelled. The tears started pouring from my eyes.

"Because, we're only 18, Chris! We don't know how to raise a child! Plus, if I give this child away, you'll still have another one!"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Kenaysha's pregnant." I semi-whispered.

"I don't give a damn about her and that ain't my baby. She a fucking hoe, that could be anybody's baby!" He yelled in my face.

"Well, I don't care if its your baby or not. And I might give my baby up for adoption, no matter what you say." I walked off, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"I'll be damned if I let you give my child away! You will not fuck up our relationship."

"You didn't give a fuck about our relationship when you were fucking her!"

I saw his hand and felt my cheeks burning. He slapped me.

"Chris, what the hell is wrong with you?!"

He just looked at me. I saw the anger in his eyes.

"You will not give the baby away." He said sternly and walked out the door, slamming it.

I knew this would happen.

I sat down and cried. I didn't know what else to do, so I called Navoni.

"Hey, this is Navoni. I can't talk to you right now. So leave a messag-" Her voicemail spoke into my ear. I hung up.

"Shit!"

I grabbed my keys and went in the bathroom, to fix my hair. I looked in the mirror to see my red cheek. I touched it, but flinched at the pain.

I walked out the door and went outside. I looked and my car, then at the keys in my hand. I put the keys in my pocket and started walking to clear my head.

As I started walking I noticed a familiar face walking toward me. A face I haven't seen since I lived in Detroit.

"Hey." I walked up to him.

"Hey, Briana." Reggie, Dwayne's best friend, said and hugged me. "Haven't seen you since we were in Detroit." He said.

"I know, we need to catch up."

"Here." He handed me his phone and I reached into my pocket and gave him mine.

He put his number in and returned my phone and so did I.

He looked down, then back up.

"Who knocked you up?"

I smiled. "Chris Brown, the singer."

"Word?" His eyes were wide. I tucked my curly hair behind my ear. He touched my cheek, I flinched and moved his hand. "What happened?"

"I was in a car accident." I semi-lied.

"Nah, a car accident wouldn't leave no bruise like this. He hit you?"

"Chris? No, Chris would never hit me." I lied again.

"Stop lying. Tell me what happened."

"Nothing happened, Reggie. Damn." I walked off, leaving him behind.

After that, he was blowing up my phone.

|Chris P.O.V|

I was wrong for slapping her like that, but when someone mentions me sleeping with Kenaysha, I get mad 'cause it was the biggest mistake I ever made.

I thought about Briana.

She always wanted a baby, why would not want the one she has.

Then, it came to be.

The baby might not be mine.

No, I can't think that. It is mine, Briana would would never cheat on me.

Would she?

|Navoni P.O.V|

I got out the shower and grabbed my phone to see two missed calls. I called Briana and she answered just as I was about to hang up.

"Hello?" She answered. Something's wrong. She sounds sad, and I don't hear Chris in the background, so I know she's upset.

"What's wrong?"

She told me what happened. I think they're both wrong. Chris didn't have to slap her, but she knows how Chris feels about that subject.

I finished my conversation with Briana and laid in my bed.

Sometimes I think Briana and Chris shouldn't be together because that have so many problems, but what couples don't.

I think they should take a break. It would probably be best for them.

~~~

What do you think about this chapter?
Leave it in the comments!

Vote.

Comment.

Follow.

😘