Chapter 17: Fluttering Heart

|Briana's P.O.V|

I don't think the moment is coming.

I don't feel nothing in my heart. Daddy said I would know when it comes, but I don't think it's coming.

I love Chris, I really do, but I don't think him and I will ever have that connection that we once had.

I had too many emotions going through my head. I need something or someone to vent to.

I grabbed my notebook and began letting my thoughts flow onto the paper.

No matter what happens,
II'll always have love for you.

You were the love of my life
But in my back, there's a knife.

I was once told, by a wise man,
That I would know the right time.

The right time to take you back,
I don't think the time is coming.

It was fun while it lasted,
But I think our love is over.

I don't want to say it,
But if I don't, who will?

I dropped my pen as I noticed tears dripping onto the paper in my notebook. I didn't notice someone was here until they wiped the tears from my face. I looked up to see who it was.

Of course. Chris.

"Let me see." He reached for my notebook.

''No!" I snatched it away from him so he could. He looked at me then started pacing.

"We need to talk."

"About?"

"Us."

"Talk, I'm listening." I crossed my arms. I looked at his face, it was the same face he had when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I smiled. He sat next to me and rubbed my legs. His touch made my heart flutter.

Right now, I feel like a teenager, having a crush on him again.

"I wanna make it right between us. I want to go back to the old us. I want us to be a family." He placed his hand on my stomach. My heart fluttered again.
"I want you to be mine again, and no one else's. Everyone make mistakes, and I made the biggest one of cheating on the most beautiful person on this earth." Between each word he said my heart fluttered. When daddy said I would feel it in my heart. I don't know, but if I don't do this now and I will never get that chance again.

I have to take the risk.

I leaned in and tongue kissed Chris. I grabbed the back of his head to deepen the kiss as he climbed on top of me. I pulled away and made him get off of me so he wouldn't smash the baby.

"Everyone deserves a second chance." I said and Chris eyes widened, then he kissed me again.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~~~

Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I've been thinking heavily about something. I just don't know how to tell Chris. I've been thinking about how to tell him, but every time I open my mouth to tell him, I get scared and say something else.

I don't know how his going to take it, but I have to tell him soon.

~~~

|Navoni P.O.V|

"Hey!" Briana screamed in my ear over the phone.

"Hey. Why you so happy?"

"I can't be happy?"

"No, it's just you haven't been this happy in months, with the exception of the months in the coma."

"I'm just very happy." She said and I heard Chris' voice in the background. I know why she's happy.

"Awwww!"

"What?"

"Y'all back together." I cooed.

"Shut up, Navoni. I gotta ask you something though."

"What?"

"If you had something important to tell someone you love, but you know they'll hate you for it. How would you tell them?"

"Briana, just find the right time and tell them gently."

"Okay. Thank you! Bye!"

"Wait." I stopped her from hanging up.

"Hm?"

"Do you have to tell me something?"

"Um...No. Bye!" She hung up. She was really hesitant.

~~~

|Dwayne P.O.V|

If I knew women were this hormonal during pregnancies, I would've never got Kenaysha pregnant.

I ain't thought pregnancies would be like this. I'm just ready to see my little boy though. He going look just like me. I don't want him to be like me though. I would never want any child to grow up like me.

~~~

|Briana P.O.V|

When Navoni asked me if I had something to tell her, I was hesitant because I have something to tell everyone. But I have to tell Chris what's been on my chest first.

I need to tell him, but I don't want to ruin his happiness. He's so happy we're back together, but the news I have to tell him is going to kill him.

~~~

What do you think Briana has to tell Chris?

Comment

Vote

Follow

😘