~Road to Deceit~ Part 2

He began to claw his way out of the dark nightmare and straight into another one as the soft sobs came from a familiar voice. He slowly opened his eyes. Gritty and still hazy he looked around and slowly sat up.

A sick sensation settled over him, his head felt as if it held rocks. His heart slammed in chest when his eyes settled on Eva struggling and crying in Reynaud's hold.

He tried to move but then he noticed he had no clothes and that he was in bed beside Alicia. He shot her a murderous glare then to Reynaud watching that Reynaud forced Eva to look at him. The hurt in her eyes told him that she believed what the deceitful son of a.... plotted.
He sat silent. He said nothing. It was evident that from her eyes he was guilty as the day she found him in this same position a long time a go.

Oh! God Eva....

In that instant Reynaud pulled her head back and whispered something to her before she cried out and left with Reynaud following her.

"Eva!!!"

Adrian shouted trying to stand to get to her but he was still dizzy under the effects of whatever Alicia have him. Out of the corner of his eyes he watched Alicia begin to gingerly climb off the bed.

He was enraged. So enraged that he clenched his jaw and with all his might and strength he reached for the mass of blond hair in a death grip and yanked her back.

The shrill shriek of Alicia did not deter him from throwing her on her back and climbing above her straddling her with all his weight.
The look of stark fright stared up at him as he wrapped his strong hands around her neck and squeezed.

"You bitch, what have you done?" He cried as he began to shake and choke her furiously.

Never in his life has he ever put his hands on a woman but at that precise moment there was nothing that he wanted more than to just squeeze the very life out of her. Good judgement left him immediately as he lifted his palm and slapped her hard.

"Why would you do this? What did you think you would gain from such a vile act?" He yelled.

She cried and began to fight back but he was not going to let her get the satisfaction. He climbed off the bed and dragged her along.

She never in her life thought to ever see Adrian this way. The look of pure fury and hate held her frightened gaze as she tried to pull away.
"Where the hell did he take Eva,?" He grabbed her neck and pulled her closer.

She didn't answer.

His grip got tighter and her eyes grew bigger. "Answer me," he yelled.

"You better pray he doesn't harm her. Because if anything happens to my wife so help me God I will kill you," he slammed her against the wall then turned to retrieve his clothes.

She lay hovered on the floor crying. He quickly threw on his breeches only and stormed out in search of Eva.

*~*~*~*~

In no time he arrived at the manor and stormed through the doors. He yelled her name throughout the whole house and walked into every room frantically searching for her. A frightened Rosie caught him storming out of the Sitting room into the foyer in rage.