Beginning of war

The next morning I wake up, my head spinning. I feel kind of sick, but I get up, dress in ripped blue jeans, a baseball shirt and a thick black headband.

I pick up Judith and get a bottle from the food station. I walk to the cell door and find my way to the courtyard. I squint in the sun and see Rick and Carl at the fence.

"Rick!" I call. He turns around and waves. "Are you okay?" I say a little quieter and he gives me a thumbs up. "What's going on down there?" I use my hand to shade my eyes in the bright sun.

"Hey." I hear Carol say from behind me. "Hey Carol. Where's Glenn and Maggie?" I ask. "They didn't come back. I'm starting to get worried." She says and my eyes widen. "Th-they're not back?" I stutter and look back at Rick.

Beyond the fence I see a walker, Except it's not a walker. They're holding a basket, and a sword on their back. I walk closer with Judith in my arms.

I walk up beside Carl and get w closer look. It's a dark skinned woman with dreadlocks and a large wound in her leg. She's covered in walker guts, she's smart. It works as a disguise.

I look at the walker next to her, and then look at the pool of blood arms the woman's feet. "Rick." I say. The walker turns to her and bites at her. She removes her sword from its holder and kills it with one swipe.

She wobbles backwards. The sudden movement have caused the other walkers to notice her. "Rick!" I shout, I have no idea why he's not opening the gate.

The woman stumbles and falls to the floor. "Carl!" I yell. He immediately opens the gate and shoots the walkers down. Rick shoots the other walkers that have gathered and I notice Beth and Hershel behind me.

Rick kicks the woman's sword out of the way and examines her, while Carl grabs the basket she was carrying. "Is she bit?" Hershel asks. "Gunshot." Rick replies.

He hoists her over his shoulder and brings her through the gate.

When we get back to the cell block we bring her to the eating area. "Beth, get some blankets. Janey get some water." Rick demands. We do what we're asked and Carl helps lie her down in the ground.

"She's not coming in the cell block." Rick says. I hand Rick the water and he thanks me before opening the lid and pouring some of it on the woman's neck.

"Hey, hey. We're not gonna hurt you." Rick says as the woman's eyes flutter open. "Who are you?" He asks. The woman's eyes widen and she reaches for her sword. Before she can I put my foot on it and kick it away.

She glares up at me and then back at Rick. "We're not gonna hurt you, unless you do something stupid first." Rick says.

"Rick. Who's this?" Daryl asks from behind me. "You wanna tell us your name?" Rick asks her, the stubborn woman remains silent. "Carl, get the bag." Rick says.

"The doors are locked. You'll be safe here." Rick tells the worried lady. "Plus, we can treat your wound." I add on. "I didn't ask for your help." The woman spits. "Too bad." Rick says and we all walk back into the cell block.

"Mom look." Carl says. I give Judith to Beth and walk into Carl's cell, where he had the basket that the woman had with her. It's full of formula and other baby supplies. "Wh...I don't understand...how did she know?" I ask and he shrugs. "Rick." I call and I hear his boots. "Look at what that girl had with her." I say and point at the basket.

He picks up a container of formula and furrows his brows.

We walk to the upper level of the block and call a 'meeting'. "She had formula. How did she know there was a baby? And more importantly, how did she find us?" I say and everyone looks like they're trying to figure it out.