I Promise

Jack's Pov
I found Lily out in the kitchen the next morning, she was at the table with her head on her arms "Lily, sweetheart, can we talk?" She lifted her head up and looked at me "Can you tell me what happened in your nightmare last night?" She was silent for a couple seconds, but did tell me.

"I woke up in my room, I heard crying from the living room, so I went out there and you had a gun in your hand...I said your name and you looked at me for a couple second, then you put the gun in your mouth and pulled the trigger"

We both stayed quiet, but Lily spoke up again "Why do people want me dead?" She asked "What do you mean?"

"My dad, my mom, Ava, they all want me dead" her voice started to crack

"I- I don't know honey, but I promise we'll get through it"

"I'm just scared, Jack!" She got up from her chair and hugged me

"I know you're scared" I crouched down "But, Lily, I want you to live in the present, forget about the past. I want you to be happy, I don't want you to be scared because it makes me scared. Lily, I'm going to help you through this"

"You're just saying that to make me feel better!" She said and ran off to her room shutting the door.

"Lily, please!" I sighed. Now what?

Mark's Pov (Time Skip One Week)
It was 10:07 by the time Haven and I got home from our honeymoon. She was out on couch, just sitting there. I went over to her, this problem she has, has to be dealt with "Haven, I'm going to your parents to have a word with you father, okay? I'm gonna try and sort this whole mess out" she looked up at me "Mark, I don't want you to get hurt" she said grabbing my arm

" I promise, I'm not going to get hurt, okay?" She nodded "Hey, I love you" I smiled

"I love you too, Mark" she smiled back, I hugged her, kissed her fore head and then left.

(Time Skip)

I arrived at Haven's Parent's house, I knocked on the door waiting for them to answer "Hello?" Her father said, opening the door "Hi, can we talk for a moment?"

"What" he said in a stern voice

"Haven told me that you've been sending her threats, and I'd like you stop."

"Or what, moron?"

"Look, I don't want any trouble, okay. Just leave my wife alone" I said more seriously. Then Haven's father punched me "I told you, I don't want any trouble" I said more loudly. The old man pushed me to the ground and started kicking my stomach. He picked me up forcefully and banged my head against the side of the house a couple times, I couldn't really tell, but I think my fore head was bleeding. He then dragged me inside his house and put me in a computer chair, I would've got up, but everything hurt, I felt like all my energy was drained out. I seen him come back to me with some duck tape, he strapped me in the chair and put tape on my mouth. I seen him pull a lighter out of his pocket, he lifted up my shirt and flicked the lighter. I screamed in agonizing pain as he put the fire to my stomach, but all that came was muffled sounds. He took the lighter away and slapped my stomach where he burned me. "This is what you get for marrying my daughter, you pathetic, moron!" He pucnhed me in my chest, it took my breath away. He rolled me outside and left me in front of his garage. He took his phone from his pocket and called someone. Why is this happening?

A/N just so you're not confused! Haven's parents live in the country side part of Las Angeles, so the city is about 15 minutes away.