TWENTY ONE

Kylie's POV

I didn't know what to feel at the moment. After 15 whole years he decides to show his face? Part of me wanted to melt into his arms like I was a kid again, but the other half wanted to beat the shit out of him for leaving me and Kyla, and leaving my mom as a single mother.

"Darling you are so beautiful." He whispered reaching for my shoulder. I stepped back and shook my head.

"Where did you go?" I managed to ask. He sighed and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Can I come in so we can talk? Please?"

"No, we can talk right here. Why did you leave David?" I asked again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause you so much pain." He explained.

"You still can't even answer my question. After all these years you still can't answer me. Pain? You're sorry? You don't even know the half of it."

"Kitten, I -

"I spent my entire life trying to figure out why I wasn't good enough for you, why wasn't I good enough for my dad to want me? You abandoned me, and I never got a phone call for a happy birthday, a happy holidays not even a gift or a visit! Just a stupid ass envelope with 600 dollars and a expensive car!" I screamed.

"I wanted to do more than-

"Materialistic things will never buy my love David! It never will. You can't just barge in here and expecting me to be so great and give you the biggest praise and hug! I hate you more than anything because you left us, and for what? Your other wife and two kids you guys have at home? You're taking care of them with no issue and I bet she doesn't even know about us because you're that shallow and ashamed. You never gave a damn about this family so don't start now. I don't understand why my mom got back with you and had Kyla, she's my everything but I would rather her father would be someone else so she wouldn't have to deal with what I do when she gets older. You weren't going to take care of Kyla you left when she was pregnant like the deadbeat you are. Kyla asks everyday where was her dad and we never had a good answer for her. It hurts her more than anything." I choked and began crying. He came closer and I stepped back again.

"We struggled, and struggled until my mom got her a good business job while you were being greedy and gave us nothing while you had all of the big and finer things in life. Look at us now David, get a good look because this is all you're going to see! I'm not you're little girl anymore so you can't confuse me and mess with my mind to make me forgive you. Being a father is not just having a child it's also raising your kids and taking care of them. At this point my mom is also my dad and she is the only one who gave a damn when you left out on me. I kept wondering why I wasn't good enough but you know what? Now I know you're not good enough for me. And I've wanted to tell you this face to face one day so I'm just going to say it now."

I came closer to him as tears streamed down my face.

"Dad, I made it without you." He stared at me with hurt in his eyes. I broke down into a sob about to close the door until he grabbed me and pulled me to his chest, hugging me tight. I felt weak and cried against his chest for a moment, loving the feeling of how warm and comforting he was. That was a dad I wanted, not the one who could just show up after eternity.